$2 NLHE 6-max: SB v BB, 3 handed

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 17/12/2

C Bet flop and turn, on the basis there were draws I beat that would call. After he called flop I did assume there were numerous Ax that continued as well. Figure very strong holdings would have found a reraise on one street or the other.

River a total brick. Decided to check/call as I would have hated being reraised. Hoped he'd maybe bluff busted draws or bet into me with worse Ax. Didnt feel like trip Aces was a hand to get carried away with here vs this villain, seemed a situation where only better hands called if i went for 3 streets.

Interested in how others might have tackled this one.

Btw over 1500 hands on villain, 17/12/2. WTSD 21 and WSD 58.

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): 111 BB
BB: 120.5 BB
BTN: 112 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:heart: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) A:heart: J:club: 8:heart:
Hero bets 4 BB, BB calls 4 BB

Turn: (14 BB, 2 players) A:club:
Hero bets 9 BB, BB calls 9 BB

River: (32 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
Hero checks, BB bets 9.5 BB, Hero calls 9.5 BB

BB shows T:club: A:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Aces)
(Pre 72%, Flop 75%, Turn 77%)
Hero mucks 9:heart: A:spade: (Three of a Kind, Aces)
(Pre 28%, Flop 25%, Turn 23%)
BB wins 48 BB

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a particular situation, because you are playing HU BvB and the ranges are wide enough from there.
In order to simplify the analysis and assuming consistency in all parameters. If the villain reaches SD 20% and then wins about 60% of the showdowns it means that this V is too passive and likes to play slow with strong hands.
On the flop you don't need to bet big, as this type of villain has overfolds for cbet from wide positions. (It is a type of leak in tighter players). On the turn you should bet a little bigger to polarize the ranges, since BB got a standard price preflop and here you want to represent some bluffs that put pressure on a passive villain.
Our kicker 9 is in the 54% protection zone, so you would need approximately 70% (+ 10%) to compensate for your positional disadvantage and overcome his WSD. Against a more aggressive opponent you could raise on the river to receive payouts from your failed draws. But against a 17/12 you should do it more with all AK combos, to block the more passive full house. (AJ). And to obtain value of weaker aces . So I think you played the hand very well. Because folding the river is very wrong at that bet size and considering that we are actually above many hands of BB range.
Greetings.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I like how you played every street here. The only difference is that you could range bet small on the flop, but betting smaller range with bigger sizing is fine too. All around well played, a bit of a cooler here.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty sure solvers will have you checking the turn almost 100% of the time and sometimes on the flop. As played, river is a std - x/c, especially at that price.

B

braun_kan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty sure solvers will have you checking the turn almost 100% of the time and sometimes on the flop. As played, river is a std - x/c, especially at that price.

Shouldn't hero bet the turn to charge flush draws and straight draws that villain may have continued with on the flop as well as to get value from worse aces that villain may have flatted wide with from the BB while 3-handed?

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shouldn't hero bet the turn to charge flush draws and straight draws that villain may have continued with on the flop as well as to get value from worse aces that villain may have flatted wide with from the BB while 3-handed?

no.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands