UTG: 64.5 BB
MP: 77 BB
Hero (CO): 100 BB
BTN: 190 BB
SB: 188 BB
BB: 114.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7 6

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BB raises to 9.5 BB, Hero calls 6.5 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 4 K 3
BB bets 4.5 BB, Hero calls 4.5 BB

Turn: (28.5 BB, 2 players) Q
BB checks, Hero bets 18.5 BB, BB calls 18.5 BB

River: (65.5 BB, 2 players) 5
BB checks, Hero bets 67.5 BB and is all-in, BB calls 67.5 BB

RESULTS ARE BELOW

[spoil]Hero shows 7 6 (Straight, Seven High)
(Pre 41%, Flop 22%, Turn 9%)
BB shows A K (One Pair, Kings)
(Pre 59%, Flop 78%, Turn 91%)
Hero wins 190.5 BB
[/spoil]

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I can go either way here, when he 3-bet. You are getting a good price + position, but on the other hand a big blind 3-betting range is often super nutted.

Flop
When he bet this small, you obviously have to at least call. It looks kind of weak (which obviously it was not after seeing his hand), so I could see an argument for taking a bad draw like this and turn it into a bluff, especially because you have a BDFD as well as your gutshot.

Turn
You picked up a "scare card" but no extra equity. In fact you lost equity to hands with a diamond in them, and you are drawing dead, if he already has a flush, and of course there is only one more card to come. For those reasons I like betting turn much less than raising flop. So as played I would check and essentially give up, unless I improve on the river.

River
You got there, and I dont think, there is any other play than to jam for value. Its very unlikely, he check-called turn with a flush, and there is less than a pot sized bet left. So just pile it in and hope, he has something strong enough to pay you off. Which this time he did :)

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, yeah, I think that hero apply advanced strategy. I think that we can call 3bet 76s pre flop, because we can hit sometimes good flop. I don't like call bet on the flop, because flop isn't friendly. I don't think so that is profitable call. Even small bet on the flop doesn't encourage me. So if you call bet on the flop you make very risky move. I don't afraid the turn card and flush, because not too many suited connector cards opponent will 3bet pre flop. This time you a little lucky, the river card very help you and probably you have the best hand. GL :)

J

Jamalex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
I can go either way here, when he 3-bet. You are getting a good price + position, but on the other hand a big blind 3-betting range is often super nutted.

Flop
When he bet this small, you obviously have to at least call. It looks kind of weak (which obviously it was not after seeing his hand), so I could see an argument for taking a bad draw like this and turn it into a bluff, especially because you have a BDFD as well as your gutshot.

Turn
You picked up a "scare card" but no extra equity. In fact you lost equity to hands with a diamond in them, and you are drawing dead, if he already has a flush, and of course there is only one more card to come. For those reasons I like betting turn much less than raising flop. So as played I would check and essentially give up, unless I improve on the river.

River
You got there, and I dont think, there is any other play than to jam for value. Its very unlikely, he check-called turn with a flush, and there is less than a pot sized bet left. So just pile it in and hope, he has something strong enough to pay you off. Which this time he did :)

I personally think very few NL2 players in my pool would check to me when they hit their flush on the turn, so when he checked to me I thought this was the perfect hand to use as a semibluff since I truly believe he almost never has a flush here. I think if he did he would have continued betting. If he had I would have just folded as you said I actually lost what little equity I had on the flop and was down to 4 (or 3) outs if he did not have the flush.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally think very few NL2 players in my pool would check to me when they hit their flush on the turn, so when he checked to me I thought this was the perfect hand to use as a semibluff since I truly believe he almost never has a flush here. I think if he did he would have continued betting. If he had I would have just folded as you said I actually lost what little equity I had on the flop and was down to 4 (or 3) outs if he did not have the flush.

The thing is that to "semibluff" you need equity, and here you had very little. When there are 3 diamonds on the table, you want to use hands with a diamond in them as your bluffing hands. Ideally of course A of diamonds, so that improving to a flush will give you the nuts. Also just because he dont have a flush, does not mean, he is going to fold. In fact he called you all the way down with his top pair. This is why, you dont want to be doing a lot of low equity turn betting at 2NL or for that matter river bluffing.

J

Jamalex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing is that to "semibluff" you need equity, and here you had very little. When there are 3 diamonds on the table, you want to use hands with a diamond in them as your bluffing hands. Ideally of course A of diamonds, so that improving to a flush will give you the nuts. Also just because he dont have a flush, does not mean, he is going to fold. In fact he called you all the way down with his top pair. This is why, you dont want to be doing a lot of low equity turn betting at 2NL or for that matter river bluffing.

I usually use hands as you say for sure. I would much rather have a diamond expecially the A to use a as a semibluff. I really like this play I made here (regardless of whether I hit river) but I understand your point for sure that at 2NL this will not work often enough because they will call me down more then they should so the Fold Equity that makes this play good is not relevant at 2NL. I'll be sure to keep that in mind though and not use as many of my weaker semibluffs because of how often I'll get called down.:)

Especially when my draw is not to the nuts like on this 3 to a flush board. It's probably a better play when the flush is not present and it's at least a draw to the nuts.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Especially when my draw is not to the nuts like on this 3 to a flush board. It's probably a better play when the flush is not present and it's at least a draw to the nuts.

It is for sure. For starters you would not have been able to bet the river for value on 5d, because it puts out a 1-liner to a straight. So even when you get there, you have less implied odds.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It is for sure. For starters you would not have been able to bet the river for value on 5d, because it puts out a 1-liner to a flush. So even when you get there, you have less implied odds.

Full Flush Poker