Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 67/9/1

Villain is a passive fish.

Hero has QQ on button. UTG limps, Villain limps UTG+1

Hero raises to 5BB.

UTG folds.

Villain calls.

Pot is 25. Heros stack 187 Villan stack is 74.

So the villan has an SPR of less than 3.

Flop comes

2s Kh 3d

Villian bets the pot.

Hero calls.

Turn

4h

Villian bet 37 at a stack of 75 leaving himself a stack of 12.

As the villian has an AF of 1 I am thinking he must have a king. Should the hero now fold. Was the call on the flop a mistake?

P

Papier24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hands did you play with villain ? This is really important so we can analyze his stats better.
I might raise a little bit higher preflop against passive fish.
Have you seen him bluffing before ? I think this is important. Considering the SPR and the fact that he's obviously a fish I might call him down. Really depends on your read. Did he donk bet with weird hands before ?

But folding on the turn after calling the flop makes no sense IMO. Either you call him down or fold on the flop.

thylmanoid

thylmanoid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet bigger pre-flop

Bet 6BB pre-flop. That's a large bet on the flop, I think villain has Kx possibly with a weak kicker and is trying to push you off the pot. I'd be folding on the flop. You have second pair with 2 outs to a villains top pair range.

Dragon093

Dragon093

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Errors

I had only seen 70 hands from this player and because I was playing multiple tables I had not really been paying too much attention to his previous bets.

Reraising more preflop with QQ now seems a sensible option. I would nt normally have called on the flop unless the player had been ultra aggressive, which the villain had not. The flop call is definitely an error.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn’t say calling flop bet is a big mistake. He might donk with anything. Given he is fish, we mostly can read his cards after calling from the turn sizing. He is saying he has good hand, minimum Kx more likely he has set or 2pair.

Against nit or passive fish SPR rules are not very good, at least the book values given against standard player.

Last edited: