$2 NLHE 6-max: QQ, Multi-way pot, folding to a lead on the flop, too tight?

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG (Hero): $3.47 (174 bb)
CO: $3.54 (177 bb)
BU: $1.16 (58 bb)
SB: $0.76 (38 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with Q Q
Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.20) K 2 9 (3 players)
SB bets $0.09, UTG (Hero) folds, BTN calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.38) 3 (2 players)
SB bets $0.37, BU folds

I guess villain's range would have to be pretty strong here to lead into aggressor in multi-way pot right? do we call this flop bet or easy fold?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call here, if I had Qc and maybe also, if it was a heads up pot. But with no club and another guy left to act behind you, its fine to just get out cheap and move on to the next hand.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of the time villain will have Kx here and is afraid of it checking through on the flop. There will be times that the SB has a club draw and is trying to price themself in (although their bet would typically be smaller than 9 cents) but all in all imo the fold is fine for two main reasons. One is unless we know otherwise about villain their most likely holding is Kx here. Thats not to say other hands arent possible but Kx is most likely the case. Secondly, I personally dont like raising here on this board and if we just calling then any club or ace on the turn is a bad card for us (except if we want to turn your hand into a bluff but again this is 2 NL so bluffs wont always work they you want them to). With the board being all one suit I think folding is fine here, tight but fine. You will be folding the best hand sometimes but I believe over time you are making the best play. I also didnt even mention we have a player to act behind us as well which does not help matters.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold flop against two villains on such wet board

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fine to fold, both BU and SB are weak players (58bb & 38bb stacks), and either could easily have flopped a flush.

Such a small donk multi-way usually means a strong hand, eg a set or 2-pair, sometimes Kx, but classic weak player bombing turn tells me you made correct decision on flop.

Folding in Poker