$2 NLHE 6-max: QQ facing 4 bet shove

T

thomasguy3419

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a regular 6 max table no zoom but not using a HUD so no stats on villain.

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $1.56 (78 bb)
MP: $2.13 (107 bb)
CO: $1.93 (97 bb)
BU: $1.70 (85 bb)
SB (Hero): $2.08 (104 bb)
BB: $1.60 (80 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with Q Q
UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.06, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.24, BB calls $0.22, UTG calls $0.22, CO 4-bets to $1.93 (all-in), Hero 5-bets to $2.08 (all-in), BB calls $1.36 (all-in), UTG calls $1.32 (all-in)

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like a wild table. Even without a HUD what's your gut read? Are any of these players out of line? If we think CO is tight then I'd lean towards a fold since at 2NL a tight players 4B range into 4 players is usually QQ+, AK at the widest. Given the action though I'd lean towards the table being wild and loose. As such I'm fine with stacking off here since that would give CO enough AK and JJ to make our call/re-shove profitable. Other players cold overcalling Hero's 3 bet with action behind should be mostly capped and I think it helps that their ranges are usually Ax and pocket pairs with the Ax helping to block the top of COs range. If either one of them is over calling Ax it cuts COs AA combos in half and means we only have to worry about 9 combos of over pairs. This probably makes the worst case scenario more likely to be KK, Ax, and an under pair here.

Our own image can factor in here too. In another hand we 4B ripped JJ pre so if the table does have a HUD and we have been 3B at high frequency then they may be 4B wider as a result. Kind of tough to speculate with no stats or reads though.

Long story short, you need to pay very close attention to who is doing what, especially without a HUD. If you're at least close to breaking even get a HUD. They usually give one month free. So you can download and use one month of PT4 and then a months of HM and then maybe a month of Drive all for free. If you're serious about playing online after 2 or 3 months it's going to be worth the value to level the playing field to just buy a HUD. If you're just having fun with some free time then don't worry about it. But when you start posting here it sounds like it may be more than just a mindless hobby.

Last edited:
S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At 2 NL, without any specific reads on a player as being an uber nit, I'm happy getting QQ in preflop all day.