Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.49 (75 bb)
MP: $3.42 (171 bb)
CO: $2.40 (120 bb)
BU: $2.20 (110 bb)
SB (Hero): $2.06 (103 bb)
BB: $1.31 (66 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with Q J
UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 players fold, CO calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.28) K 6 J (2 players)
Hero bets $0.16, CO calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.60) T (2 players)
Hero bets $0.39, CO calls $0.39

River: ($1.38) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.66, SB (Hero) folds

Check or bet flop? what do you think of the hand ?

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet flop with middle pair as raiser is OK
but bet turn with middle pair after call???
what you waiting for?

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PF: I think the reraise is fine, maybe 1BB larger but other than that pretty standard

Flop:
I think raising into the pot is not really that good here, since you get called by better hands and some draws, but most worse hands for sure folds here, and most draws are supposed to raise here, so by checking you keep his worse hands in the pot, and also you don't risk getting reraised since you probably have to fold then. If this is however complete fishes that limps + calls with anything, maybe thin value betting is fine? I would still check it most times.

Turn: Would also check it here. You have showdown value and somewhat block some of the straight combos. Let him bet and then probably call, and then if you don't improve you most likely fold to larger river bets.

River: I mean, he most likely has you beat. There are some missed draws, but you block a few of the combinations. Him limping is the weird part, so he could have a somewhat broader range, some random medium pairs turned into 2 pairs, lots of Kx combos (probably). He seems weak, but I think you are beat almost always, so good fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would always isolate this hand in position, but out of position I might just complete. I dont think, you get all three players to fold very often, and then you just end up playing a bloated pot out of position. I dont hate the isolation though, so its largely a question of style and table dynamics.

Flop
I would check. Your hand is not good enough to go for 3 streets of value, and the only turn card, which is really bad for you, is an ace. So there is not much benefit in betting here for protection.

Turn
You picked up an OESD, which is good, but another bet will never get him to fold a better hand, and you still cant get 3 streets of value, unless you improve. Its also worth noting, that if he just made a straight, then you really dont want to get raised and end up playing a massive pot drawing to a chopper. Or even worse to the dummies end of the straight, if he has AQ, and a 9 comes on the river. So I think, this is a mandatory check for pot control and stack protection.

River
As played a standard check-fold.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great job. Probably got unlucky this time when villain just wakes up with Kx and Binks the flop. Stay aggressive. You can get them next time. 2nd pair good kicker will be good hear sometimes for sure.