pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.29 (115 bb)
CO (Hero): $2.36 (118 bb)
BU: $4.99 (250 bb)
SB: $2.28 (114 bb)
BB: $2.09 (105 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with J Q
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, 1 fold, BB 3-bets to $0.30, Hero calls $0.24, BTN calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.91) 2 J 3 (3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.91) 8 (3 players)
BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BTN raises to $0.60, BB folds, Hero calls $0.30

River: ($2.41) 4 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $1.17, CO (Hero) folds

tricky spot , I didn't know if I should bet flop or not, I was not sure if our hand is strong enough to bet for good value in 3bet pot multiway. On the turn I find villains 30c delayed c-bet kind of odd. I am thinking his range can be slow-played overpairs or maybe a block bet with hands like TT,99. Also thought he could have a good club and trying to see a cheap river by betting himself. I call and villain behind me min raises. It feels like at these stakes these types of min raises feel pretty nutted, but for the price I am getting I wasn't sure I could fold... In my mind I knew I am likely beat by much better but was hoping there is an odd chance villain gives up on river and I can win with showdown.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After looking at flopzilla I see villain really shouldn't have any over-pairs at all here, if he did just flat with them pre he would likely bet them for value on the flop no?

BTN min raises. Whats his raising range here?

- he can have all the sets but I think those would raise larger in fear of another club
- we are beating none of his value range , he is beating us with his sets, flushes, and AJ
we are only ahead of his NFD semi bluffs, if he even min-raise bets those on the turn.

Is this a poor turn call? does villain ever raise the turn with the NFD?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way I see it the villain (BTN) doesn't seem to cheat too much in the postflop. He really could have a lot of ridiculous combinations that improved on the turn. You seem to be getting a good price, but there are also chances that your outs won't help you on the river.
One way to look at this is, if V has played passive preflop, that he has changed in his range, what now on turn could he use as bluffs?
Did this V raise the turn with pure OESD? If this is possible we have a major blocker (Q) at the top end so we could call, HU vs BTN. (not recommended action for micro stakes).
But the sequence on the turn starts with a delayed cbet from BB and when BTN makes a min sqz our range is very capped and we should just save ourselves trouble and look for a better spot IMO.
As played if you were hoping to improve on the river you can still fold. To catch bluffs in this place you should have a very wide range, something that you have represented in some way during this sequence, but this is in no way recommended for micro or lows stakes.
Greetings.

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played the hand fine.
When he is min raising like that into too players on the turn on this stakes his range his 95 percent value.
I don't see him turning hand with the Ax of clubs to bluffes or gutshots and similar...
I think he will mostly do it with a flush and try to give you a chip price in the turn and the river.
But if you know that you opponent is crazy you should 100 percent call it of. In micro stakes like this there are a lot of people that do not care about the money at all so they might try to bluff like this.
Honestly I do not know what I would do in this spot, this is decision that the vibe of the game and the opponent have a big factor.