$2 NLHE 6-max: Priced in for a runner-runner flush?

R

RVladimiro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $0.94 47/20
CO: $1.10
BTN: $1.16
Hero (SB): $2.00
BB: $2.00
UTG: $2.80

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:diamond: Q:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, MP raises to $0.08, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.07, fold, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.26, 3 players) K:diamond: K:heart: 9:spade:
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, UTG calls $0.04

Turn: ($0.38, 3 players) 3:diamond:
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, fold

River: ($0.62, 2 players) 4:diamond:
Hero checks, MP bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Another very weird hand that created some chat fight.

I've played quite a few hands with MP over time. He is a strage fellow. Sometimes he is very aggro, other times he is very passive. I never quite know what he is doing or why. He cbets 100% but I have no reads on bet sizing although I suspected he had something and wanted to keep me in.

Flop came and I was going to muck it but looking at the MP bet size, I had odds to continue so I called. Same for the turn. Runner-runner.

So he got all math with me saying I had 3% chance yada yada yada, but priced me in, right?! What other lines are possible here?

I admit I find my line fishy but I'm not sure how I could have handled it otherwise.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice but 3bet/call preflop

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are priced in overall, hitting an ace or queen would also probably give you the best hand and you have a backdoor straight. I think runner runners and backdoors add a little something to your' hand but I never feel comfortable drawing solely to hit one

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell him to watch "The Cincinnati Kid," 3-flush is the nuts!

I

imwatcher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you not raise that river?!

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it well but agree that the river needed raising. As villain only started the hand with 47bb I would probably put him all in and hope he had a K or thought I was bluffing and call with a one-pair hand.
I think your calls are fine nh

R

RVladimiro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't raise the hand because of the paired board. I know it's not much of a explanation but I'm not a big fan of putting myself in a position where I can face a shove if I raise.

A

ariesj11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it exactly right. I can understand people saying re raise on the river as you were more than likely ahead but as you were not quite sure about your opponent, i think a call was acceptable in this case.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to make a range that fits with villian raising pre, betting small on the flop (either to induce or draw cheaply, or bluff with smaller PPs) and then will call a raise on the river. If I done that correctly it looks like a nice value raise on the river.

Code:
Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

39  games     0.080 secs      487  games/sec

Board: Kd Kh 9s 3d 4d
Dead:  

equity     win     tie           pots won     pots tied    
Hand 0:     17.949%      17.95%     00.00%                  7             0.00   { 99+, 33, AKs, KTs+, QdJd, JdTd, Td9d, AKo }
Hand 1:     82.051%      82.05%     00.00%                 32             0.00   { AdQd }

---

I

imwatcher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets put it simply, if you arent going to be raising river, or at least attempting to get as much money in as possible when you hit the flush.. YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE CORRECT ODDS TO CALL TURN.. if you arent going to raise river you must think you are behind his range, and if so (obv redic) then you already are by the turn so how can you call.. all this avoiding sticky situations is bs... just get it in on river

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets put it simply, if you arent going to be raising river, or at least attempting to get as much money in as possible when you hit the flush.. YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE CORRECT ODDS TO CALL TURN.. if you arent going to raise river you must think you are behind his range, and if so (obv redic) then you already are by the turn so how can you call.. all this avoiding sticky situations is bs... just get it in on river

Calm down mate, it's not a personal insult he didn't raise the river. Vlad is a quick learner i'm sure he's already learnt from this and moved on.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man I didn't even notice you actually hit the flush. You have to raise that river. None of his line really suggests he has a full house, plus he's a short stack and a drooler. Sounds like you have mubs

I

imwatcher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its not the original hand that pissed me off.. its the amount of people thinking you shouldnt raise the river when its so clear cut

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd expect to be beat here on the river like, never. The top of his range looks something like KQ-KJ and a ton more random Kx hands (47 VPIP), and various 2 pair hands. He probably raises 99+ pre.

Full Flush Poker