Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
villain 23/15/3.3
76 hands
cheers.

[converted_hand][hand_history]pokerstars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager

SB: $2.20 (110 bb)
BB: $2.16 (108 bb)
UTG: $3.18 (159 bb)
MP: $7.13 (356.5 bb)
CO: $1.76 (88 bb)
Hero (BTN): $2.42 (121 bb)

SB posts $0.01, BB posts $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has K:spade: K:club:
3 folds, Hero raises to $0.05, fold, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.11, 2 players) 5:diamond: 9:diamond: 4:spade:
BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, BB raises to $0.29, Hero calls $0.21

Turn: ($0.69, 2 players) Q:club:
BB bets $0.51, Hero ?

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm jamming or calling turn here, villain has too many draws not enough value. If you expect him to never raise draws or bluff in general (which seems possible given it's 2nl and regs hardly bluff, but also unreasonable to know for sure with hand sample size) then folding turn might be okay.

He honestly shouldn't be setmining or calling vs BTN opens with 44/55 anyway and 99 should be a 3bet preflop.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would even 3bet the flop here till all in. as played just jam turn. villain has tons of draws in his range and the Q on turn is a good card for him to keep bluffing. kings are just too strong to fold here i think.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call on the flop and also turn. This is a way ahead/way behind situation.
I'm also calling most rivers

J

JustSoPro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off, I haven't read the hand yet but I have to comment on your playing style.
You are playing broadway pairs WAY too passively pre-flop, I would not be surprised if you are losing in the long run in these spots because you are giving the villain pot-odds to call with any two cards and will never know when you are ahead or behind unless you spike a set.

Now to playing this hand: As played, you should be finding a fold more often than not here. The villain seems to play fairly passively based on your stats, and is playing real aggressively here.

Last edited:
sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would bet a bit more preflop on KK. Probably about .07. You want to open with a pot sized bet generally. You might even make it .10 if you think you get a lot of callers with .07. I don't recommend all-ins pre-flop with this hand as deep-stacked as you are. You will only earn .03 if you do that. It is better to get some money in the pot first. You do want to get aggressive somewhere though with this hand. Probably where you called .21, was a nice place to 4-bet $1.00 or go all-in. Doing it here nets you .35 winnings. If he had a pair, it will only connect with the flop 12% of the time to get a set, and he might not have a pair even, so your odds are pretty good that he doesn't have a set. He can't have a straight or flush, so the only scary cards are sets or 2 pairs. He would have betted differently if he had a pair pre-flop, so I don't think that is likely. It's possible he has a 2 pair on the flop, or even more likely a made pair on the flop promoted to a 2 pair on the turn. His betting is consistent with a made 2 pair, or draw bluff. If he made 2 pair on the flop, you are in trouble with no way out. Also if he has AA. If he made 2 pair by the turn, going all-in on the flop (mentioned earlier) might get him to fold and not realise he has a 2 pair. This player is probably not a nit, so he could have some bluffs in him. However he is fairly tight at 23 vpip, so I don't think he will 3 barrel a from the big blind position with nothing. 76 hands is enough to get a general picture of how he plays. I would trust those numbers enough to fold KK by the turn, or if 5-betted after a 4-bet on the flop.
Best to bet a little more preflop. Don't be afraid to 3-bet his raise on the flop. Be ready to fold if that 3-bet doesn't fold him. Based on his betting I think he has a Q9, Q5, or Q4 for 2 pair. His betting preflop and postflop is consistent with a lower pair and overcard made on flop, and his betting at turn is consistent with a made 2 pair, a set, or a bluff. I doubt he has AA, 99, or QQ preflop. I know a lot of guys in the .02 cash games with stats like this guy, and usually their betting tells their hand. Probably 3 times out of 4 they have the hand they are suggesting they have. Usually if they are bluffing, it will be on scary cards on the board, or they have a flush draw with 60% chance to connect either the straight or the flush.