$2 NLHE 6-max: Overpair(KK) facing a Raise on the River against Nitty Player(Pot commited)

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NLHE 6-max: Overpair(KK) facing a Raise on the River against Nitty Player(Pot commited)

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 17/15/4

Hey everyone,
What is your thoughts about how I played this Hand? Do you think I did any Mistakes in a previous Street? Do you make this Call on the River?

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.33 (117 bb)
CO: $2.72 (136 bb)
BU: $2.71 (136 bb)
SB: $3.46 (173 bb)
BB (Hero): $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with K K
2 players fold, BTN raises to $0.05, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.20, BTN calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.41) Q 9 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.20, BTN calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.81) 2 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.39, BTN calls $0.39

River: ($1.59) 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.77, BTN raises to $1.92 (all-in), Hero calls $0.44 (all-in)

Total pot: $4.01 (Rake: $0.14)

Showdown:
BU shows A A (two pair, Aces and Threes)

BB (Hero) shows K K (two pair, Kings and Threes)

BU wins $3.87

J

JustSoPro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah you played it well, didn't overbet the earlier streets which builds value and you have to call in the river as you are only losing to AA, QQ, and 99 realistically. You can get value out of JJ, AQ and a bunch of bluffs(mainly missed clubbed draws AT+)

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bigger on the flop & turn so you can shove the river. You shouldn't have money left on the river if you play it right.

AA vs. KK and 100 bb stacks , you're losing all your money. If you dont, you're playing poorly.

Mootizit

Mootizit

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a cooler.KK is profitable with larger sample size.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good flop for you as villain can have AQ KQ QJ QT and draws so id be making it 3/4p on the flop and turn and setting myself up for a river shove on that run out.

D

DeadRev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No you played fine you’re just supposed to go bust there. An argument could be made that you could check call the river. Against a nit. But not much I think you could do there

nml

nml

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You only lose to AA, QQ, 99, 22, and a random 3, right?

A 2.5 preflop raise would take AA out of it, for me. Calling every street seems like AQ, KQ, QJ, Q9, set, or maybe JT OE-straight/flush draw. I probably would’ve read it as the latter and he missed and tried to buy it, or a Q.

Either way I think you played it right, KK vs AA is the worst cooler

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No, you played it the proper way.

With the raise-shove on the river you almost know that the single pair is probably behind, but it's KK overpair in a 3bet pot, there are sometimes in poker that, unfortunately for us,we have to pay the villain, there is absolutely zero fold here in a board that the flush didn't complete. Bad cooler.

Move to the next hand!

Y

Yoda_Priest_X_Napo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Phoenix

Do not worry about these spots so much, you should quickly realize their nature and how they work and shift your attention to other spots and parts of your game, because how you manage your learning time is very valuable.What you should take from here is that in a flop like this, and in environment like 2NL you should go more polarized on every streets when you have a value hand or a high equity bluff, like AK of clubs for examble.So bet the flop for 3/4 or more, and same in the turn, sometimes you can even overbet the flop and the turn and make it a 2 streets hands to deny equity and implied odds from JT and club draws !!

In general, dont be afraid that your oponnent has a better hand than you, when you can find a lot of worse hands that might call you down.And here we can see that villain even if he is tight he can have some TT,JJ club draws, combo draws, KQ AQ, so that makes a lot of combos that you need to get value from and protect your hand from.