$2 NLHE 6-max: Overpair facing minRaise on 3beted Pot!

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone,
Villain Stats: Hands 179 ; VPIP/ PFR 33/11 ; AF 4
With this Villain Stats, I think his range after my 3bet Preflop is 99-JJ, AK, AQ, maybe KQ or AJ.
I had no other information about his Range to say that he hold many other hands than this.
My doubts are:
Do you think my assumptions about his range preflop is correct?
If yes, do you think he possibly minRaise here w/ TopPais or maybe a weaker Hand?
What is the best line here?

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.99 (100 bb)
CO: $1.48 (74 bb)
BU: $2.44 (122 bb)
SB (Hero): $2.05 (103 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with A A
UTG raises to $0.07, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.07, Hero 3-bets to $0.30, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.23, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.69) K 5 4 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.34, UTG raises to $0.68, Hero ???

Last edited:
Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard to say what his 3 bet calling range is but the range you give is a good estimation of his range I guess. Although the stacks are not that deep that he should call lightly.

On the flop the effective Stack to Pot Ratio is 3:1 meaning that you normally would want to get it in on either the turn or river or on the flop even.

The min raise can mean several things I have seen all types of play.
1) pure bluff to try to win the pot cheaply if you missed
2) he hit the nuts (KK) and wants to build the pot buy making a small raise
3) trying to shut you down he has AK or KQ or even QQ or JJ he bets to get in the agro lead such that you don't bet on the turn and he can get a cheap turn and possibly river
4) he just don't know what hes doing

Given the small Stack Pot Ratio I would try to downplay may hand and eventually get it all in.

So the line I would take is:
Flop Call; Turn Check-Call; River Move All-In.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So we are dealing with an idiot here. 33/11 means he is way too loose, not particularly aggressive, and probably clueless.

I think we are honestly looking at a range that looks like 22+ ATo+ ATs+ QJs+ KJo+

Flop i like to lead here. The min raise looks suspicius but he can certainly have AK, KQ. I like what Huj said about it.

I think a flat call, then a check/call all in on turn is the most likely way for this to play out, his stack is going to be roughly pot sized on the turn so a jam is easy or him with Kx hand.