$2 NLHE 6-max: Nut flush draw vs turn shove

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 40/24/2

Villain was laggish and getting involved a lot vs BB who was a 71/7/3 whale.

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 61 BB
BB: 98 BB
UTG: 100 BB
MP: 137 BB
Hero (CO): 109 BB
BTN: 109.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A K

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, BB calls 8 BB, MP calls 6 BB

Flop: (27.5 BB, 3 players) Q 4 5
BB checks, MP bets 18 BB, Hero calls 18 BB, fold

Turn: (63.5 BB, 2 players) J
MP bets 110 BB and is all-in, fold

MP wins 60 BB

Called on flop due to implied odds situation, could have won a big pot if I hit the flush on the turn.

On turn despite having 15 outs, I folded, feeling the odds just weren't good enough. Even making the straight would have been no guarantee, so really just the flush outs worth counting and odds look even worse then. Would have snapped it off with AQ. Correct fold?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At this point you may have to make the flush to win the hand. And getting nowhere near the correct odds, I think your fold was good.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, IMO I think that you played this hand correctly. I play a little bigger 3bet pre flop at least 3,5x-4x, because we are deep, it is nl2 and opponent is a little bigger stack than our. If opponent is bigger stack than your, it is worth to play bigger 3bet pre flop. As played - you should remember that in this situation player after you have a decision. We don't know what he will do. He can play check/raise on the flop after you and we can lose money. This time you saw the turn card, but we can't forget about big blind player. The turn card - I play fold, because his bet is too big. GL :)

Full Flush Poker