$2 NLHE 6-max: Non Nuts Full House Facing a River Raise!

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $3.12 (156 bb)
CO: $2.56 (128 bb)
BU: $2.57 (129 bb)(VPIP: 19 , PFR: 16, AF: 3, F CB: 63, AFq: 45, Hands: 1k)
SB: $2.66 (133 bb)
BB (Hero): $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with 9 9
2 players fold, BTN raises to $0.05, SB calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.15) Q Q K (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.15) 9 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.11, BTN calls $0.11, SB folds

River: ($0.37) 8 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.27, BTN raises to $0.72, Hero ???

Well, after this raise I think he only can have some sort of K8-K9(Much less combos of K9), ThJh. I don´t think he raises me here w/ Ax flush 'cause board don´t allows him to Raise for Value profitable w/ this type of hands. I think sometimes he can have 88, but I don´t think he can call this Turn bet w/ underPair. Moreover, for me he is usually value betting that Flop w/ KT-AK .
1:Do you disagree w/ my assumptions about his range?
2: What is the best line here after this River Raise?

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would put good opponent into this range.

Value:

KK 3 combos
KQo 6 combos
JhTh 1 combo
QQ 1 combo

raise-fold:

AhQx 2 combos
Ah2h - Ah7h, 7 combos

big bluff blocking JT and flushes - can take these out if you have not seen the opponent made such move.

JhJx 3 combos
ThTx 3 combos

I think the call or fold decision really depends on whether your opponent would raise with backdoor A high flush. He may think he can get more values from Qx trips, JT and lower flushes.

I am calling here but not loving it.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To start, i like to 3-bet this hand out of the blinds, but since we just flat call his range is fairly wide open.

He is c-betting around 1/2 flops, but since this went multi-way i guess he is not going to fire with his non-pair hands. Either he is worried about the presence of Sb and Bb or he has hit this out of the park and slowplaying. I doubt he has a monster just because SB has basically nothing he is going to bet OTT, your range looks weak as well, so checking here is loosing so much value. If he had trip queens i would think he would be value-betting, along with a boat or a lot of better Kx

Turn is the best card in the deck for us (other than the 9d) and we have the smallest boat available. I think a lead here is okay, we are certainly going for value and there is a decent chance BU might just check this back. We get value from his weaker Kx as well that didn't want to bet flop bc of kicker issues/multi-way.

River is not the best card but certainly not the worst, JhTh improves to the straight flush but other than that it is fairly safe. I think at least a call is certainly in order.

I am torn. We would jam for another 50ish BB and he would have to some calls based on pot odds, but we are mainly targeting flushes, 88 and maybe QxAh... the runout makes calling with JTo pretty difficult, as well as non boat Qx with no heart blocker.... I really only think we loose to JhTh and a few slowlayed boat combos that really don't make sense, so its a call for me.

** just to be clear i think folding would be bad, i was torn between a jam and a call

Last edited:
odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the bet/call is the best play in this situation. Your full house is just losing to JT hearts, Q-Q, K-Q, Q-9, Q-8. Surely he would raise with the flushes or pure bluff

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1)
After his raise on the river he can have for value QQ, QK, Q9, Q8, JhTh, KK and perhaps if hes a fish other hands such as NUT flush and 88, all other hands are clear bluffs on this type of board.
2)
So raising his raise is bad as (about) all worse hands then yours should fold.
Would call but expect to loose more then 50% of the time.

777alex777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
against an aggressive player it is better to play check-call river, because bet knocks out part of the bluff range and creates a more dispersion situation for you. Just keep in mind that multipote chance of running into KQ and KK much more

K

Kalamari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he can have flushes n straights shove is the way

Last edited: