Hero raises to $0.08, 4 players fold, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17) Q A Q (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, BB calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.33) A (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.33) 9 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Villain Stats: 48/20//2 (173 hands) Fold to c-bet: 56

Pre-Flop: On this table there are two >50 vpip players, one of which is in the big blind. I decided to increase my normal raise size in order to represent a strong range from UTG and to charge players coming in with bad hands. Would you play 22 from UTG on this type of table? On a loose table like this should I basically only be playing premiums or hands with good post-flop playability?

Flop: I have equity to make a full house so I c-bet half pot thinking that villain folds to a c-bet about half the time and this board favors my range. I also need protection from over cards which could give villain a better two pair. I know I'm probably checking back almost every turn so I elect to keep the pot small in case I am beat. If villain is not folding to a half-pot bet then he probably isn't folding to a 3/4 pot bet so I don't see any reason to raise larger given my plans to just check on later streets.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In knowing that there a lot of loose players at the table I would not be opening this hand. If the table is as loose as you say it is then we will be going 3 or more to the flop often and then we have to play in a bloated pot out of position playing against opponents that we dont know their range and our hand is hella tough to play post unless we just give up. I think folding is better here and just picking a different spot. You say that you raised larger trying to rep something but Im not sure if you normally do that and secondly, when villains have a vpip above 50% they are not opponents that I would think are paying that much attention or thinking that much anyway so I would not think I can fool them with that bet since they might not have even known what your normal opening size is. Best to fold this imo.

As played we got heads up and are in position so this turned out the best it could besides all folds heading to the flop. On most boards I like c bet but on this one I think I would go for a delayed turn bet more often. If we check and villain leads on the turn (unless it is a 2 turn) then I am getting out of it. If villain checks to us on the turn I would bet then as a lot of people would play Qx in that manner anyways. I dont hate the c bet you make but do think checking is better. As played I would give up the rest of the hand as you did especially since we are counterfeited on turn and just will be playing the board.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, pre-flop is fine.

I wouldn't mind betting the turn or river either since players like this will often have gutshots that you're behind now. A lot of these kinds of players are sticky on the flop but fold to a second barrel.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind your checking behind turn and river. the board run out was bad for 22, so giving up is not the worst play.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could make a small bet on the turn. The initiative was in your hands. 1\3 bet looks good, especially if we pretend that we hit the flop. In this case, the big blind will give up their draw. And we can win the pot, because pocket twos no longer play a big role. But if he keeps calling it will mean full house.