$2 NLHE 6-max: Missed value by slowing down when the flush comes in?

B

braun_kan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $1.94 (97 bb)
MP: $0.88 (44 bb)
CO: $3.94 (197 bb)
BU: $2.12 (106 bb)
SB: $2.01 (101 bb)
BB (Hero): $2.14 (107 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with T K
UTG raises to $0.04, 2 players fold, BTN 3-bets to $0.06, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.04, UTG calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.19) T K 7 (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.22, UTG folds, BTN calls $0.17

Turn: ($0.68) 4 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.68) K (2 players)
Hero bets $0.54, BU folds

Villain Stats: Unknown

Fold pre here or call? I am getting 15% pot odds to call and it seems unlikely the villain behind will re-raise. I am OOP but my hand has more than 15% equity and I probably have a post-flop edge based on fishy pre-flop actions.

I checked turn with the flush scare, but now I think I should have bet turn since I block flushes and villain could now have lots of combo draws / pair draws in their range that I can get value from.

As played on the river I went for a large sizing hoping villain has a worse KX or a slow played flush

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I don't hate calling pre. SB obviously a whale. That being said, if I'm flatting pre, I'm leading this flop. Not a fan of checking on such a wet board and its 2nl, so nobody is actually good enough postflop to punish you for being so faceup.

I probably lead flop/check turn/overbet jam river to get max value from flushes/trips.

As played, have to raise bigger otf. Check turn is fine. Bet size river can be a jam imo.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Goofy preflop play in front means easy fold OOP multi-way.

As played (flat), rest are fine.

Last edited:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imo you played the hand fine other then without knowing villain dynamics, I dont love calling pre and not closing the action. Behind us was the initial opener (even though it was a min raise) and we dont know that they will just call (unless you have that read). At times that player will re raise and you could still be priced in to call yet be playing an awkward hand post flop out of position against two players that have shown aggression. This time it worked out fine since they only called behind.

The rest of the hand is fine as with a raise and 3 bet pre, I think its safe to assume someone will take a stab at the pot on the flop and then we must check raise (as you did). Sizing is fine for that flop raise imo but I would not go smaller than what you did. Turn is a check evaluate. Gets tough when they bet large there but I think then we could assume there is few bluffs (at these levels I think we can assume that, maybe thats wrong) and we can just fold. We got the check back, hit card on river and there we have to go big in case they slowplayed their flush. Its a spot where I feel like villain is calling near any size bet that is not a massive overbet or they are just folding to any bet size. In those spots you want to go big and you did.

L

lanelosee100

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you missed value but a bet is the right play here with two pair. Single pair hands can slow down but you need to continue

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with this board is that your opponents' ranges are very weak. Think that to raise this flop you could do it with some semi bluffs, but the V UTG should not have much values ​​in his range since his bet was very small in size.
But before this UTG decided to just call min 3-bet of BTN.
That is, here the size you choose to raise will depend on how sticky you think these villains could be.
Regarding playing preflop, it's probably understandable. But folding here is definitely not a bad thing, especially when we don't know how opener plays.
The turn is a street that favors your range more than that of V. Here the check line seems correct to me.
The river is obviously great for us. But it's hard to imagine a calling range for V. Since if you raised OTF for protection, you probably did it with a king (and a good kicker). Whereas if you raise the flop with a flush draw, you also have your hand made. Therefore, regardless of the betting ratio that we will introduce on the river, our villain will be screwed most of the time in this texture and we will get a lot of folds from him. But definitely the size should be around 1/3, to get a cry call. Or maybe for induce a bluff if you think V is too weak.
Greetings.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold or 4-bet pre unless both opponents are whales.

CR bigger on the flop. Bet turn. Over bet the river. You're not getting called by much of anything unless he has Kx or a flush, so might as well go for max value.

Full Flush Poker