$2 NLHE 6-max: min raised on a 4bet pot

tewwa94

tewwa94

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's zoom, I don't have any info about villain, calling doesn't seem that good since it leaves him/her with a 1/2 pot size bet to shove on the turn, which is a bad turn so I would've to fold, so it's either shove or fold imo. On the other hand it's a 4bet pot, so it makes sense that he has a set, I remember that he insta called the 4bet.
https://www.boomplayer.com/28332411_44280CDE56

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi tewwa94,

Wow, looks like the poker gods were kind to you and of course KK is a great hand. I don't know if you have used CardsChat's Poker Odds Calculator, but just in case you were curious I have attached pics of how the hand went.

Good luck to you,
Brian

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 22
Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising from .21 to .46 is just an outright mistake here....its micros and he is never folding QQ even if you ship it in here but still, its a horrible play and someone who see any flop with Ax will put in the rest of the $ for the min raise and attempt to crack your kings. He makes it .21 and i 4bet to at least .65 in that spot - maybe even as high as .75 - then if he ships it in, obviously we call and the runout happens anyway but the point is you have the 2nd best starting hand and someone is raising into you...dont waste it, get your money in good - thats the point of this game. Good luckn hope this helps :)

tewwa94

tewwa94

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising from .21 to .46 is just an outright mistake here....its micros and he is never folding QQ even if you ship it in here but still, its a horrible play and someone who see any flop with Ax will put in the rest of the $ for the min raise and attempt to crack your kings. He makes it .21 and i 4bet to at least .65 in that spot - maybe even as high as .75 - then if he ships it in, obviously we call and the runout happens anyway but the point is you have the 2nd best starting hand and someone is raising into you...dont waste it, get your money in good - thats the point of this game. Good luckn hope this helps :)

I played a long session today and tested out bigger 4bet sizings with KK+, it worked out pretty well, I was used to 4bet 2.2-2.3x because some videos I watched, but it makes sense to make it bigger against players that don't fold hands like 88 to a 4bet, and there's lot of guys at the micros. Thank you

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could make it a little bigger pre .55 or .60.But As played it's ok and you cant fold postflop in a 4bet pot.If they have one of the sets or AA it's just hard luck.Your destined to lose a stack those times.