$2 NLHE 6-max: Middle Set on a Monotone Flop and 3Way Pot!

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.97 (99 bb)
MP: $2.00 (100 bb)(VPIP:25, PFR:20, CB Flop: 65, Hands: 318)
CO (Hero): $2.14 (107 bb)
BU: $2.06 (103 bb)(VPIP:26, PFR:22, Fold to Flop CB: 71, Hands: 304)
SB: $1.84 (92 bb)
BB: $2.42 (121 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with 8 8
1 fold, MP raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, 2 players fold

Flop: ($0.21) 4 8 K (3 players)
MP bets $0.12, Hero ???

Well, this decision is too much difficult for me. I think call here is bad, 'cause the Cbettor can holding worst hands like Combo Draws (AhKx,KxQh,KxJh) that can beat me on Turn or River. Raise can be thought, 'cause I don't know if the Cbettor can continue with hands like Combo Draws, 2 Pair or even sets(maybe KK,he can't have middle set) . Moreover, BU can possibly have made flushs since his calling range Preflop has too much suited hands( only 44 as a combo Set, and I don't believe that he can make call here with any K8 or K4)

1: In your opinion, what is the best decision here? Raise or Call?
2: According to the chosen decision, how to proceed on Turn and River?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think this is a call at least. You are still able to improve on turn and river. I think if you raise there is a real risk of btn putting you in a much worse spot. It's possible that you're playing against a made flush, like you said. Going into turn and river, if no more hearts show up, it would possibly be a call down unless you are jammed into without your boat.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a raise, because you're not getting more value out of second best hands on the turn if they don't continue to a raise any ways. If you want to slow play one street, and jam turn, that's an option, but I wouldn't recommend it at micro stakes.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd raise here with one person behind.
I can't comment on turn and river because I don't know what the cards are. Different cards can change outcomes of the hands.

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's an inside straight draw and a backdoor straight draw as well. But if he is drawing or simply placing a c-bet, you don't want to play it passive and give him the opportunity to hit something. Raise and if he jams fold, because you'd have about 5.7:1 card odds against 2:1 pot odds if he has the flush.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise raise and once again raise.

You can get called by a lot of one card draws on micros. He should continue with all of his combo draws, KK is very few combos to be scared of. You are definitely getting called by worse here and if you compare his calling or even GII range against your particular hand you have a lot of equity. Even if he has a flush you still have like 20% equity so I wouldnt be worried. Just raise.

J

julianjjboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. I will call this spot,and make decision at turn or river.
2. If turn hit fullhouse,we can keep going easily,if not hit,we can use implied odds to count if we can keep going or not.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a raise for me one card to the flush u can't give free cards. if he calls u keep betting if no heart shows up other wise u have to give up on the hand. if he raises u i would still call and re evaluate i think i would go all in if no other heart hit the board.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great outcome for our hand. You seem worried, if we’re losing it’s s cooler.

Slow playing vs two players on this type of board is bad. We raise and gii behind here sometimes, but have 33% equity most of the time in that scenario. Yeah KK is a possibility but so is AA. There’s more AA combos.

PokerCruncher-Advanced-iphone V.11.5.1

(Equity, Win, Tie)
Player 1: 74.5% 73.3% 2.46% [8c8d]
Player 2: 25.5% 24.2% 2.46% {KK+, AKs, AhQh-Ah9h, Ah5h-Ah2h, KTs+, QhJh, JhTh, Th9h, AKo, AhQs, AhQc, AhQd, AhJs, AhJc, AhJd, AhTs, AhTc, AhTd, KJo+}

Board: [Kh 8h 5h ? ?]
Deal To: River
Dead Cards: {}

Monte Carlo Simulation: 500000 trials

Notes:

This doesn’t seem unreasonable when playing for stacks for villain.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a raise for me. Can't be scared of a flush, definitely not scared of KK, have to think in terms of range. It is a great flop for you, you need to extract value now before villain shuts down on a later street due to missing any draws. If you lose it is a cooler, as someone else said above, because you're that far ahead of the opening range of the villain.

Extremely rare that I don't play this for value all the way and try to get it all in. Another heart on the turn or river followed by a big bet or shove from villain is probably the one thing that is going to make me consider a fold. Going broke to set over set if he has Kings.

Read what Blackrain79 has to say about sets at the micros if you find this a scary situation. As Gabe said above, it is a great outcome, not a hand to be showing fear in.