$2 NLHE 6-max: Low set on wet high card board

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 19/10/1

Reviewing last night's hands. This is a bit awkward. I'm fine with the flop re-raise. Hate the turn card a bit. Assume my thinking was to shove turn to avoid an even more awkward river spot. I mean, at least I have some fold equity, right, to add to all the times I am ahead now and he doesn't get there? Looking at a 10-12% opening range for villain I am something like 40% here against his range. Thoughts?

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 49.5 BB
Hero (SB): 134.5 BB
BB: 110.5 BB
UTG: 67 BB
MP: 100 BB
CO: 36 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 3 3

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (7 BB, 2 players) K T 3
Hero checks, MP bets 6.5 BB, Hero raises to 19.5 BB, MP calls 13 BB

Turn: (46 BB, 2 players) J
Hero bets 112 BB and is all-in, MP calls 77.5 BB and is all-in

River: (201 BB, 2 players) 5

Hero shows 3 3 (Three of a Kind, Threes)
(Pre 18%, Flop 86%, Turn 70%)
MP shows A A (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 82%, Flop 14%, Turn 30%)
Hero wins 188.5 BB

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By 40% I meant pre. Think I am 70/30 ahead on the turn vs his range. Which pretty much makes me think the shove is fine when he has so many big draws here?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To know if we have fold equity on the turn, we must think with what hands Villain thinks we called preflop. We are a wide range from SB? If the answer is yes, now OTT we have several strong random hands that formed a straght. In that case, villain should call your overbet with the top of his range and fold all the other remaining hands.
If in preflop we only call with medium and low value hands, it is possible that now OTT we bluff a medium strength hand for this texture (sets).
In that case, the villain will defend his position and can call with the best sets. Given his opening position at the table, hopefully V has a lot of JJ and KK here. When V called OTT with AA, it seems like he thought you could call in pretty mixed proflop, but with the upper structure of your range, starting with the middle conectors like QJ +. Or maybe this villain isn't really thinking much about ranks given the stake being played.
Greetings.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn card sucks, but clearly villain only picked up draws. Your shove makes him pay heavily and you hold.

I think your turn shove is fine.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I am ok going for the out of position setmine here, but against good players I might fold. For this to be profitable, you need an opponent, who will take second best hands to far postflop.

Flop
Ok with the check-raise.

Turn
Terrible card and I lean towards checking. I think, when you pile it in, you are almost forcing him to play well by folding the vast majority of his worse hands and only continuing with hands, you are behind to. AA with a heart is one of the very few hands, you might get value from, and even that hand had 30% equity.