$2 NLHE 6-max: Line check, specifically on river w made flush?

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.04 (102 bb)
MP: $1.91 (96 bb)
CO: $2.94 (147 bb)
BU: $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $2.34 (117 bb)
BB (Hero): $3.40 (170 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with Q T
1 fold, MP raises to $0.04, 2 players fold, SB calls $0.03, Hero calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.12) 8 6 T (3 players)
SB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, MP folds, SB calls $0.04

Turn: ($0.24) J (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB calls $0.18

River: ($0.60) 4 (2 players)
SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Stats: VPIP 79/ PFR 16/ AF 1 (19 hands)

On the flop I perceive villains min bet as a check, I know its usually best not to have a donking range but I decided to because we hit the flop pretty good, I am wondering about the sizing though? I didn't want to go too large because our made hand isn't the greatest we are ahead of some stuff but also behind hands like KT,AT, over-pairs and sets.

Its tricky because I'm not quite sure what the best play would be with a hand like this since it is a hybrid between a marginal-made hand and a draw. On the turn I size up , the Jack completes Q9s, I am trying to get value from Tx, and weaker pairs and draws.

River comes and villain leads for 1/3. This gave me flashbacks of the previous hand I posted where I was check-raised on a flush completer turn card. I thought there was a decent chance villain is leading river with a flush ? what would you do here?

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bomb flop
Bet fold on turn is fine (around half pot or a bit under), depends on his check raise size. Checking turn is fine and calling most of the bets on the river (if they are not next level passive)
Hope this helps and Good Luck!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard defend.

Flop
Awkward situation facing this min-lead from a fishy SB player. I think, its fine to put in a raise and then hope, MP get out of the way with his overcards, thats missed, but I want to charge the fish more than just 4c or 25% pot. You have shared many hands, where you undersize your bets or raises, and this is definitly hurting your winrate.

Turn
Now there is an overcard to your pair, and you only have one more card to complete your draw. So your hand got substantially worse, but now you size up your bet, which is completely backwards. Bet small or even consider checking back and then make a decision on the river depending on the card and his action.

River
You improved to a flush and face a relatively small donk bet from the opponent. Its possible he made a flush, but he might also be doing some sort of blocker bet trying to set his own price with a hand like one pair or two pair. You also beat at least some flushes, and the board is not paired. So I think, the play here is to raise to something like 70-80c and then make a decision, if he comes over the top.

This is different from the other hand, where you faced a very large raise on the turn. A pot sized raise on the turn setting it up for a river jam is showing a ton of strength, whereas a small donk bet on the river is not showing much strenght. You are also against a completely different kind of opponent here, and you have a better hand. Not raising that river blockbet with the Q high flush is a little to cautious against someone playing 79% of hands.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is pretty wide range from SB. pot control is optimal play. well played

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree in the large part with fundiver. Raise on the flop IMO we should play bigger at least 2c more, so 8c looks better. Decision on the river - I think that we can risk and we can raise his bet on the river. If he has flush with ace he will raise us and I think that we can fold sometimes on the river, because probably only flush with Ace will raise us on the river and usually his raise means a strong flush. So on the river I prefer bigger raise, about 3x his bet, some 60c will be enough to see what his bet means on the river. I agree with fundiver that his bet on the river can be like block bet, to see cheaply showdown. GL :)

Full Flush Poker