Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with A 9
Hero raises to $0.06, 2 players fold, BTN calls $0.06, 2 players fold

Flop: ($0.15) T Q 7 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.10, BTN calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.35) A (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.35) J (2 players)
Hero bets $0.11, BTN calls $0.11

Should we/Can we play this any differently here?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
This is a very coordinated board with a lot of middling cards, that connects well with his calling range. You dont really have anything, so I prefer to not C-bet here and probably just check-fold, unless he gives me a really good price to continue.

Turn
Having improved to top pair I would bet for value now. There are a lot of draws and worse one pair hands like KQ, QJ etc, that he can pay you off with.

River
With a 1-liner to a straight I think, its to thin to bet for value now. We are kind of back to the situation on the flop, where my mindset would be check and probably mostly check-fold, if I face a large bet.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would miss cbet on flop with only A high.
On turn cbet will be more preferable.
River check/fold.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Checking or c-betting the flop is probably both perfectly fine. Ac9c or any suited ace with the Ac are probably firing more often than the Axs combo's that completely missed though. c-betting all Axs with the ace of spades and ace of clubs and checking other suits that missed would be my strategy on this flop.

We bet the turn for value with almost all our top pair combo's. KJ completes but villain is likely to float with some weaker pairs and draws. If we get raised we can comfortably fold.

As a lot of villain's draws complete on the river and a lot of marginal hands get promoted to two pair. For the average NL2 villain I would check/fold the river and consider check/calling against players I have info on who over-bluff the river. Firing a small blocker bet seems especially bad to me because any king is going to raise you anyway so if you're willing to put money on this hand it's better to check/call imo.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I like your turn check, you want to protect your checking range. The only thing you could do differently is to check the flop, but betting is fine too, because of your backdoor draws.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: loose open, fine not crazy, I'm probably being nitty.

F: cbet fine, sizing fine, charge draws and 7x.

T: easy barrel, not sure why you are checking, what other card are you hoping for? Charge draws again.

R: bad river, check/fold is best, maybe low frequency check/call vs small sizing with reads, but at nl2 that's almost impossible.