$2 NLHE 6-max: Line check with JJ

playthosekings

playthosekings

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so dry as a bone flop here expecting to get a fold with the 1/2 pot Cbet
After getting called again on the turn and an overcard coming on the river I think this is a clear check
Question is - do i check-call the river?
Are my sizing and line ok here?

pokerstars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

CO: $2.39 (119.5 bb)
BTN: $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $0.75 (37.5 bb)
BB: $2.13 (106.5 bb)
Hero (UTG): $2.03 (101.5 bb)
MP: $1.39 (69.5 bb)

SB posts $0.01, BB posts $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has :jh4: :js4:
Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, fold

Flop: ($0.20, 3 players) :9s4: :2d4: :2s4:
SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, fold

Turn: ($0.40, 2 players) :7d4:
Hero bets $0.20, BTN calls $0.20

River: ($0.80, 2 players) :qc4:
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.59, Hero calls $0.59

Results: $1.98 pot ($0.07 rake)
Final Board: :9s4: :2d4: :2s4: :7d4: :qc4:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you played the hand well. River is a clear check-call. You need to think realistically about, how he can even have a Q, and most of his QX hands were folded on the flop or turn. The only ones left are 2 combos of Q9s and then a few flushdraws like AQ, KQ, QT of spades. If we are really generous, we can give him backdoor diamonds as well, which add another 4 combos, because he can also have QJ of that.

But he can also have busted spades, busted diamonds or a hand like TT or T9s, which he think, he is betting for value, because you look weak, when you check to him. And you only need to be good less than 30% of the time. So I am not trilled, that he bet, but you can not fold, and if he had you beat, it was just bad luck.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think, you played the hand well. River is a clear check-call. You need to think realistically about, how he can even have a Q, and most of his QX hands were folded on the flop or turn. The only ones left are 2 combos of Q9s and then a few flushdraws like AQ, KQ, QT of spades. If we are really generous, we can give him backdoor diamonds as well, which add another 4 combos, because he can also have QJ of that.

But he can also have busted spades, busted diamonds or a hand like TT or T9s, which he think, he is betting for value, because you look weak, when you check to him. And you only need to be good less than 30% of the time. So I am not trilled, that he bet, but you can not fold, and if he had you beat, it was just bad luck.

I totally agree with fundiver199 here. Besides, weak players, in general, love to bet vs missed c-bet with a pretty wide range. They tend to see checks as weakness and try to capitalize/explore it using a non-sense range.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa