$2 NLHE 6-max: KK OOP on wet board, Bet or check?

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.34 (67 bb)
CO: $1.70 (85 bb)
BU: $2.24 (112 bb)
SB (Hero): $3.12 (156 bb)
BB: $2.41 (121 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with K K
UTG calls $0.02, 2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.08, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.18) J Q T (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.34) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

River: ($0.66) K (2 players)

hero.....???

I didn't want to raise flop or turn because the board should hit opponent's range and it felt like many bad turn and river cards, do you think this was inaccurate thinking? I guess we have OESD..

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Out of position I prefer to isolate a bit larger like 10c or 5BB.

Flop
I would rather bet here with KK than AA, because KK has an OESD, but check-calling is certainly a decent line as well. Your hand is a combination of a marginal made hand and a draw, and this type of hand often play better as a "pull" rather than a "push".

Turn
Now any 9 has a straight, which is obviously not great. But you still have a draw, and you still beat a bluff, so I would call again.

River
On the surface this looks like a good card, since it improve you to top set, but its not really that great, because now any A have a straight as well. So I would check and probably fold, if he bets again, unless its some silly sizing like 10% of the pot.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: iso sizing is fine.

F: cbet to 67-75% pot. UTG is a weak player (67bb stack): who knows what he's limp/calling pre, we might get a fold.

As played, check/call: check/raising is overplaying and turning our hand into a bluff, which makes no sense.

T: as played, check/call. We must try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.

R: as played, check/call vs small sizing, check/fold vs +-50% pot and bigger sizing.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing wrong with x/c in this spot as you did but I would rather x/c when we block hearts. Here I think I'd prefer a bet flop, check / eval turn. Do we know anything about V? Limp / call UTG on a shorter stack does seem fishy. Vs can show up with two pair and a set of 8s often enough to x/c a small river bet IMO. If we have reads I can find a fold against a really tight / MUBSy player or for a larger river sizing but not every player is going to lead into the PFR after they check and continue to barrel with Ax unless it's something like AThh or AQ. Hero also has AK that can x/c flop so it's not like this flop is bad for our range.