$2 NLHE 6-max: KK on a drawing board facing a donk

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my database player stats are wrong. Tried resetting the cache & creating a new one but doesn't work. If someone could help me on this in would be helpful. So I copied the hud stats

With the V's donk I felt he has drawn the nuts & trying to extract much value as possible. Regret not going for a raise but thought if I were to face a 3 bet, it'd be very hard to continue on this board. Feel the turn bet is small.
On the river, feels that only the better hands will call here.

partypoker - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

SB: 207.5 BB (VPIP - 21 PFR - 8 3bet -0 hands - 40)
BB: 100 BB
Hero (UTG): 118.5 BB
CO: 100 BB
BTN: 101.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ks Kd
Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop : (7 BB, 2 players) 8d 7s Jh
SB bets 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

Turn : (17 BB, 2 players) 4s
SB checks, Hero bets 7 BB, SB calls 7 BB

River : (31 BB, 2 players) Tc
SB checks, Hero ??

Clasher

Clasher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SB checks, Hero ??
I think checking will be better here and see the showdown..

And also I think the reason for him to raise after the flop is because he is putting you in a range of AK AQ and not thinking about over pair so he is trying to bluff you off..

So do you bet or check what kind of hand SB had?

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think we raise a donk on this flop and just check river behind. This is just a bad board for us

D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with checking down here. He will rarely call a bet with worse, and will raise you with a lot that beats you.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think we raise a donk on this flop and just check river behind. This is just a bad board for us
This, and bet the turn bigger.

I

iAmBadAtPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly you definitely want to be betting bigger like 4-5 bb preflop due to your positional disadvantage. Everyone folded to him and he flat called 2.5 bb. I feel like villains range here is very wide. Since he knows he will probly get the hand HU at most 3ways with the BB.He could be defending his blind with 22-TT,56-KQ,A2-AQ,Kxs,Q5+,J7+, 79s+. Hes probly 3betting JJ+,and AKs.On the flop villain raised and then checked called the 4 turn. I feel like villain has some showdown value but is tryong to pot control because he knows hes behind your range. i feel like he would bet flop and check call turn with his bottom/mid pair and draws. 22,33,55,66,99,TT,56-9T,A7-T,K7-T,Q7-T,79-T8
On the river the T is definetely a bad card. Any 9 as well as a set of tens has you beat.but since he still has a lot of one pair hands in his range i would go for some thin value. Maybe a 1/3-1/2 sized pot bet just so that if he has bottom pair he can call and if he check raises you can still call.

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thoughtful analysis. I agree with betting the river after villain has checked two streets.

Firstly you definitely want to be betting bigger like 4-5 bb preflop due to your positional disadvantage.

With a premium hand, I'd want one or two callers, even out of position. We are six-handed. The bigger we raise, the more likely it is that we will get five folds.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I don't agree with betting bigger pre. 3BB is the standard amount at these stakes and there's no point in making cause you'll be getting more folds for your good hands.
Don't agree with the river bet either. If he's behind he'll most likely not call except for a maybe thin value bet, and even if he did bet with nuts it's hard to get paid off by another.
And anything from 2 pair to a set will easily call & have us beat if we value bet the river.
So the only bets that makes sense to me are bluffs where we say we have a 10 to get folds or we have the V on a dead on worse hand than us still he'll unlikely call.

As I said betting small on the turn was a mistake by me & calling flop I wasn't sure of.

I agree with iplay & c9 here. Thanks everyone!

Checked the river. AJoff

I

iAmBadAtPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree that 3bb is the standard preflop sizing but its still important to alter your raise sizes by position. whatever sizing you choose it should be bigger out off position and smaller in position.
Checking vs betting the river is a pretty close call cant blame you for checking behind.

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Checking vs betting the river is a pretty close call cant blame you for checking behind.
How can it be close? What is calling a river bet that we beat , and we are opening ourselves up to a check raise that we can't call. We have showdown value so take it and move on.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
WHY YOU DONT RAISE AT THE FLOP ITSELF THO?

taurusix

taurusix

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my database player stats are wrong. Tried resetting the cache & creating a new one but doesn't work. If someone could help me on this in would be helpful. So I copied the hud stats

With the V's donk I felt he has drawn the nuts & trying to extract much value as possible. Regret not going for a raise but thought if I were to face a 3 bet, it'd be very hard to continue on this board. Feel the turn bet is small.
On the river, feels that only the better hands will call here.

partypoker - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

SB: 207.5 BB (VPIP - 21 PFR - 8 3bet -0 hands - 40)
BB: 100 BB
Hero (UTG): 118.5 BB
CO: 100 BB
BTN: 101.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ks Kd
Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop : (7 BB, 2 players) 8d 7s Jh
SB bets 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

Turn : (17 BB, 2 players) 4s
SB checks, Hero bets 7 BB, SB calls 7 BB

SB checks, Hero ??
I would raise his bet on the flop instead of calling in this situation.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop is good. Turn is good too but I bet a bit more. I would go for thin value on the river, smallish bet. I think there are plenty of one pair hands that look us up. Easy snap fold if we get raised.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop is good. Turn is good too but I bet a bit more. I would go for thin value on the river, smallish bet. I think there are plenty of one pair hands that look us up. Easy snap fold if we get raised.

Mr. Blackrain on CC! :adore:
Never knew you were a member. Thanks!