$2 NLHE 6-max: JTs monster draw vs big bets

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play much cash so maybe I did a lot of mistakes. Zoom, 0 info on villain.
Preflop: I feel uncomfortable playing 3bet pots so I decided to call.
Flop: Should I raise and stack-off with my monster draw even though villain shows a lot of strength? That's is the basically main question: Should I play my draws passive if villain shows agression? I had a position on him, is that makes any difference?Because I've seen how a lot of players who just call with a good-draw and fold if they don't get their draw. Maybe that's the right play.
Turn: He potbetted on a scary turn card. My shove over it was bad?
Should I gone broke with type of situations or play it passively?

poker stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $2.41 (120.5 bb)
BB: $1.55 (77.5 bb)
UTG: $1.94 (97 bb)
MP: $4.60 (230 bb)
CO: $2 (100 bb)
Hero (BTN): $3.27 (163.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T
heart4.gif
J
heart4.gif

2 folds, CO raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB folds

Flop: ($0.20) K
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
heart4.gif
(3 players)
SB bets $0.19, CO folds, Hero calls $0.19

Turn: ($0.58) A
spade4.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $0.56, Hero raises to $3.02 and is all-in, SB calls $1.60 and is all-in

River: ($4.90) 9
diamond4.gif
(2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: $4.90 pot ($0.17 rake)
Final Board: K
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
heart4.gif
A
spade4.gif
diamond4.gif

SB showed 7
heart4.gif
club4.gif
and won $4.73 ($2.32 net)
Hero showed T
heart4.gif
J
heart4.gif
and won $0.00 (-$2.41 net)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it was bad. Why? 1) You're not repping much. Sets, maybe A9. 2) You block hearts. 3) You opponent is potting multiway and pots two streets.

You just don't have FE in that spot. So call/fold on the turn is the better play long term.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it was bad. Why? 1) You're not repping much. Sets, maybe A9. 2) You block hearts. 3) You opponent is potting multiway and pots two streets.

You just don't have FE in that spot. So call/fold on the turn is the better play long term.
Fold on turn even with a lot of outs?

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I would 3bet on the btn vs co with tjs, this could avoid the pot going multiway in the future.
One of the advantages of playing in position is you get to realise your equity more and pot control more, so we should be raising over the top less often.
The sb leading multiway with a pot size bet is usually a sign of strength.
Id be more inclined to call turn because our implied odds are excellent here.
Calling keeps his marginal hands in on the river and you can bluff him off his hand if he checks.

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like a reraise on the flop and could go either way pre call is not that bad imo

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TLDR. If it is cash get it on the flop unless he has a FH draw covering your draws with a redraw which is what he had. If its MTT call flop fold turn as your draw missed and now is a mediocre draw.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Preflop: I don't mind flatting JTs against CO as it is good hands going multiway

2: Flop: SB donk bet pot on K high board - I would put him on two pairs and proceed cautiously. Call is standard

3. Turn: I may fold against good TAG especially who is able to bet/fold on the river when draw completes, unknown I am inclined to call.

You have position which makes it easier to realize equity, and don't have to play draws aggressively here

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Preflop: I don't mind flatting JTs against CO as it is good hands going multiway

2: Flop: SB donk bet pot on K high board - I would put him on two pairs and proceed cautiously. Call is standard

3. Turn: I may fold against good TAG especially who is able to bet/fold on the river when draw completes, unknown I am inclined to call.

You have position which makes it easier to realize equity, and don't have to play draws aggressively here
Thanks, good answer. Thinking about it now I realized that shove on turn was bad.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that shove on turn looks like hazardous to me

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like the turn push at all, i would loved a flop raise and even all in there would be very profitable for me, but on the turn your draw value dropped by half so there ois no reason for me for a push there. if you can call here u have position on him so can extract value if u hit.