$2 NLHE 6-max: $ : JJ facing 4bet

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So first of all i have virtually zero experience playing zoom so im expecting some differences between Zoom and Reg tables.So any and all help is appreciated as always so thank you in advance.One difference im expecting is to have fewer hands on people sample wise so default ranges will be more important i would think.

Shove JJ vs the 4bet btn vs co ?

Hero (BTN): $2.38 (119 bb)
SB: $4.81 (240.5 bb)
BB: $2.22 (111 bb)
UTG: $4.59 (229.5 bb)
MP: $1.00 (50 bb)
CO: $3.97 (198.5 bb)

SB posts $0.01, BB posts $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has J J
2 folds, CO raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.58, Hero raises to $2.38 and is all-in

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the 5bet here. Villain would need to have a lot of 4bet combos including A5s,KQ,AQ that fold to 5bet to make it profitable assuming villain call with QQ+ and AK.

I would prefer flatting 4bet IP

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience playing zoom, a 4 or 5bet is TT+, AQ+. It is never ever a bluff or worse. My guess is about 1/3 of the time it's AK, 2/3 it's a better pair. Definitely a tough spot.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In theory the zoom game is narrower, so I suppose that in this place, your hand is in a very thin line, with respect to the larger pockets.
4bet reduces the premium connectors in the V range and by proposing a 5bet, we are representing the highest range (A-A; K-K).
The problem presented here is that the size of 4bet compromises the villain with the boat and forces him to continue. Then we are in a flip situation after our 5bet.
It is important the information you have of the villain, to determine whether it is convenient to choose the line of 5 bets or directly withdraw to your 4bet. But this is a difficult subject in zoom, since most likely you are completely unaware of the villain's game.
So if I have to choose, I prefer to fold in this place, after your 4bet. I think that in zoom this line is represented from Q-Q + and I still have room to retire and choose a better place.
It is not a mistake to do 5bet, I simply prefer to have greater preflop strength. My JJ hand does not block major combinations, which we often find in these places.
Greetings.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The CO can still withdraw to a bet 5 as it put 15% of its stack. But I see it unlikely, that from that position I have a worse hand than yours, considering that in zoom the ranges are more closed.
You're tied with a J-J combo at best, and you have 18 combos of better pairs that you don't block with your 5 bet.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without reads I am just folding this. Zoom or not 4-bet ranges are typically not wide enough to justify stacking off JJ in a situation like this.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to see you trying zoom :D

Generally speaking you will find Zoom is tighter then regular tables. People can just fold themselfs to the next good Hand. That being said even at 2z you will find people with 3betting ranges of like 12% or more in the Blinds. That is as you allready noticed because of the size of the playerpool. It usually is in between 600-1000 players depending on the time of the day. So to get relevant (preflop)stats on youre opponents takes a couple of days. Best way to work around this is taking notes if you see players doing that. You will find it easier to distiguish regulars from funplayers tho, as those are the guys that have like 3 times the sample. Also people with 30+ Vpip are more uncommon, they will just fold to theire next hand.

COvsBU is tighter than CO+BUvsSB+BB from my experience, so Id call the 3bet OOP/IP and take it Postflop.

Edit: Just saw youre facing a 4bet... Sry its a bit early^^ Yeah so facing a 4bet id fold. People 4bet AKo+ and QQ+ in that spot

Last edited:
PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good to see you trying zoom :D

Ye im not sure how long this experiment will last im not really enjoying the format so i doubt i cant do the challenge on Zoom.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Other guys have better advice on Zoom than I do but I tend to agree with folding to the 4 bet. What worse hands will call? I can't see TT or worse stacking off here. What better hands will fold? Maybe exactly QQ can fold to a 5 bet at some frequency but I cant see AK or KK+ ever folding. In general you're hoping for a coin flip for stacks otherwise you're crushed and need to hit a 2 outter.

B

Biibel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the 5bet here. Villain would need to have a lot of 4bet combos including A5s,KQ,AQ that fold to 5bet to make it profitable assuming villain call with QQ+ and AK.

I would prefer flatting 4bet IP

Yes sama here, i seen topics here including JJ and people seem to play em like AA.