PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
villain 0/0/0
5 hands so no info

Is villain shoving enough Tx and draws to make calling profitable ?.

Cheers.

BTN: $2.01 (100.5 bb)
SB: $2.00 (100 bb)
Hero (BB): $2.52 (126 bb)
CO: $1.82 (91 bb)

SB posts $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:
2 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, SB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.36, 2 players) T:diamond: 7:heart: 6:diamond:
SB checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.72, 2 players) 7:club:
SB checks, Hero bets $0.42, SB raises to $1.64 and is all-in, Hero ?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you call this shove?, villain maybe had :10h4::10s4: or some draws with

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He should not be jamming top pair, and a flopped straight should not be slowplayed on such a wet board. So he is kind of saying, that he called your 3-bet out of position with a 7 in his hand, or he flopped a set and played it (overly) cautiously, until he filled up on the turn. Both of that is possible of course, but the 7 is also a great card for him to represent. It general the flop defender is supposed to have second pair more often than the aggressor, so the turn is typically a card, that hit his range more than yours.

But to be honest at 2NL sometimes all this does not matter, because a lot of players dont run big bluffs for an entire stack. When they get it in here, they basically always have at least 3 of a kind. So I dont hate making an exploitable fold at 2NL against an unknown, but at 10NL or higher against a loose and aggressive regular, this is probably a sigh-call.

Last edited:
M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would gues he has here A7, 78, TT, JJ+ maybe AdKd AdQd. I prefer fold.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is 2nl, you're blind vs blind, and we don't have reads. We do block some of the draws, but I don't see how we can put the SB basically JUST on 7x. If sets don't raise flop, they probably don't JAM turn when they boat up imo.

And it's one of those things where if he's wide enough pre to actually have a decent amount of 7x, he should have waaaaaaayy more stuff in there that's jamming than just 7x and a couple diamond combos. It's 2nl... hell, he could probably have 99 or 88 a nonzero amount. We just don't really know, and despite not quite being at the "top" of our range, we are actually pretty close since we should have a decent number of AXdd or even AdXo double barrels here that are clear folds. I think this becomes a call even though I def expect to get shown 7x a very nonzero amount.

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7x

i would put him on 7x - so clearly beat!

on flop he is just fishing - hitting the set on turn - making a classical check raise, the way to get most pay.

if he gone all in first bet on turn - would most likely just get fold or called by another 7x. by checking he risk you to get last card for free but since you bet twice - you will likely bet a third time and most likely beat so comitting more to pot you may get sucked allin - and after all he will get your third bet as well