$2 NLHE 6-max: Jamming set of 3s on flop

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 33/26/5

Very agro villain who over 100 hands had RFI of 60% from BTN and SB, barely opened CO and never opened earlier than that.

Standard call in BB. Reraised his C Bet expecting calls from big over pairs and some draws, looking to get max value from them. Dead to other sets and straights, but with his wide range I cant be scared of those.

His subsequent reraise caught me off guard initially. Tanked a bit and shipped it. Thinking was I either dead to a straight/set or he was in the mood to get silly with a draw or maybe an overpair.

Anyone just call here instead and see if he hangs himself? Some way or another I was getting it all in. Not to say I'll never fold a bottom set, but I don't see any reason to ever consider it in this spot vs this villain. His overall AF was 5, and just on the flop his AF was a pretty crazy 11.

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 101.5 BB
Hero (BB): 106.5 BB
BTN: 147.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 3 3

fold, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) 3 5 4
SB bets 3.5 BB, Hero raises to 10.5 BB, SB raises to 28.5 BB, Hero raises to 103.5 BB and is all-in, SB calls 70 BB and is all-in

Turn: (203 BB, 2 players) K

River: (203 BB, 2 players) 9

SB shows 4 5 (Two Pair, Fives and Fours)
(Pre 50%, Flop 19%, Turn 9%)
Hero shows 3 3 (Three of a Kind, Threes)
(Pre 50%, Flop 81%, Turn 91%)
Hero wins 190.5 BB

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I like flop shove. Villain has a lot of good draws in his range and when we shove we deny ton of equity. Also, many turn cards will kill the action and you won't be able to get value. So, it's better to get it in on the flop.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played! Villain has many weaker hands (draws, overpairs) and few stronger hands(better sets, A2). And we have outs against draws.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the call preflop. Villain has a very wide range A2s+, A5o+, 55+, suited connectors,... If the flop comes unfavorable, Hero can fold.

When the flop comes low giving Hero trips AND Villain gets into a raising war, Hero has to get it in. Hero is in bad shape to 55 and 44 and pretty much flipping to big draws with a 20% out to a boat.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Considering the read and the board, standard. nh