$2 NLHE 6-max: Did I miss some Value with two Pair ?

P

Papier24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I mainly post this hand because I really felt exposed and completly outplayed in this hand. I will expetionally tell you that my opponnent showed me 75s when he folded.
So he donk bets on this flop what already made his bet look a bit strange since often donk bets aren't monsters in my experience. Then I raise him with Top Two Pair and he folds his two pair. I really felt exposed after he showed me his cards. Really wondered how he could fold his hand to just a single raise on a relatively draw heavy board. After this hand I really felt frustrated because from which hands do I even generate value in this situation ? Should I have maybe slow played my hand or was my raise to big ? Overall I just can't win any money since my opponents seem to make so tight laydowns while I couldn't fold this hand in this situation.

poker stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
Poker Tools by CardRunners - Hand Details

BB: $3.29 (164.5 bb)
MP: $2 (100 bb)
Hero (CO): $1.86 (93 bb)
BTN: $2.17 (108.5 bb)
SB: $2.14 (107 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q
heart4.gif
A
club4.gif

MP folds, Hero raises to $0.05, 2 folds, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.11) 7
heart4.gif
A
spade4.gif
heart4.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.27) Q
spade4.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, BB folds

K

KFlint

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He could have a weak flush draw, an open ended straight draw or a weak ace here imo. A villain that donk with medium hands like this become extremely exploitable when he checks flop instead, as he range will automatically be weaker, c-bet at will!

Anyway back to topic, you will be left guessing a lot on the river if heart comes or a possible straight complete, so I guess it's a fine play to raise turn like you did. I might have bluffed you on the river, but that's the combo of flush and straight draws in his range that makes me want to raise to, he might even shove the turn and you have an easy call imo.

Edit : good thing I didn't see the part where you mentioned his hand ;)
He played that badly, you are the aggressor, he should check raise his vulnerable two pairs on the flop, not donk... I saw some pro donking hard to detect made straight from the bb, because it looks weakish. It can have merit but not here.

I wouldn't auto fold two pairs to a turn raise, I'd call and evaluate otr, unless I know you never bluff this turn.

Last edited:
P

Papier24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys think about villain fold ? I mean I could easily have some kind of como draw as well. Just seems super nitty to me to fold his hand on the turn