eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank your for posting

The data you would consider to fold this river involves you blocking Aces and the Ad hitting the turn and the fact that you big bet the turn and the board is a very straight forward board which few players would run a big bluff on at these stakes.

So we lose to 99 and 5x and we tie Ax, yet AX is the least likely hand as played that our V would have because the Ad hit the turn.

As to your turn bet that sizing should fold too many of our V's weak hands and the turn brought the flush so a check raise was very possible there. That bet is normally for the non diamond ace hitting as we trap the Ad hands.

Hope this helps
:):)

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty sick hand, I don't know if I would fold... really depends on opponents stats.

Most likely has an A that wants to bully you out of a chop, but there's just not enough in the pot... could find a fold only due to that maybe 10% of the time.

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He just flat called you the whole way, as easily could have been 10's and he didn't think you had an A and could push you off. I wouldn't have folded either, like the rest said, wasn't much other than 9's and what he had that would beat you

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is really not convenient to fold premium hands. You become super exploitable as villains tend to play a lot of dominated hands. If you are thinking of folding here you are taking a high stakes approach, which is not recommended in micro stakes.
Regarding the ranges that are played, the hero has a clear advantage in preflop against the villain. So in this case BB bluffs are not profitable in the long run, since in the worst possible case the hero will have 50% equity against his entire wide range. Which makes the river call standard.
Regarding the bet sizes however, you have to be sure that the villain pays a lot with marginal hands when you make big bet sizes on a paired board. Because a standard player will fold a lot of dominated hands on the flop and turn, when he has no information that you tend to bluff at some frequency.
Greetings.

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clearly it is difficult to think of Bluffs in BB range.
So the bet is overweight value hands, 99, 5x and weak Ax combos. We are losing to 99 and 5x and chop with Ax.
I think calling makes sense, only justification for folding is 4x pot size shove on River.
It would have been disciplined laydown. Very difficult but not impossible. I have seen John Juanda folding quads to opponents Full house. He thought he is against higher quads.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
I might check back here for pot control and to try to get to showdown with my AK high. Even if you have not connected, its still a fairly strong hand on this board, but its not strong enough to go for multible streets of value. C-betting is ok as well though, as long as your plan is to check back a blank turn.

Turn
Even though you improved to top pair, I would still check back now. You still lose to 5X, most of his AX folded on the flop, and 9X should not be calling two more bets on this scary board. So there are just not a whole lot of hands, you can get 3 streets of value from, and you having Kd mean, you dont need to bet for protection against hands with a random lower diamond. So I would rather check back now and then look for a bet to go in on the river.

River
Basic poker theory say, that the larger the bet, the more we should fold, and the less we should call. So while I would snap off any normal bet up to say around the size of the pot, here you were facing a 3,5 times the pot overbet. That changes things, and I think, folding here is completely fine. You are not going to get bluffed that often in the micros, and even when you get bluffed, its often just from a chopper, when he has another AX and overplay it.

Folding in spots like this also help to reduce variance and keep yourself off tilt. So as a general advice, when you have to risk a whole stack to catch someone bluffing, and you are getting bad pot odds, then just fold and dont worry about it. This is going to make your life in the micros a lot less frustrating. It sucks to fold here and lose 14BB without knowing, what they had. But it sucks a lot more to pay a whole stack on the river just to see, that yeah they had it - again :)

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't have folded either
In that situation, I thought the same way, probably in most cases I will be the winner if there is statistics on the opponent:angel:

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 2nl, guy probrably thought his flush was the nuts lol Im calling, beating weaker aces.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At 2nl, guy probrably thought his flush was the nuts lol

That might happen, but even at 2nl it will be rare, that people are that clueless. So without an individual read, we should not assume it.

beating weaker aces.

We are chopping with weaker aces, since we can only use 5 cards to make a hand (555AA).

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: standard.

F: check-back, no need to cbet bad flops like this in nl2, you are not getting enough folds as it is in nl2. Also, cbet bigger to 67-75% pot if you decide to fire.

T: as played, check-back. What does your bet mean? If you're value-betting, what are you getting value from? If you're bluffing, what better hands are folding?

R: sick spot and very dependent on stats of villain. I call vs VPIP 40+, and fold vs rest because I don't think they play flushes like this: usually massive 3.6x pot donk jams on river are the stone nuts in nl2.

Please don't post the results of hand.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you fold or call on the river?
Board: 9d5d5cAd5h. Hand of Kd Ah. Full house ready-made combination.
Villain bets 102.5BB (out of 108.5BB) 12.5BB pot + 102.5BB = 115BB
Call 102.5bb or fold.
There are only two options here:
1. The villain has an Ax - the result of the carve-up.
They brought 12 cents to the bank before the river so as not to lose them, you need to put 205 cents
Total 217. Rake 3.5% - 8 cents.
Therefore, in the event of a fold, we lose 12 cents.
In case of a call, we lose 8 cents.
It is unlikely that the villain would have bet so much with Ax.
2. Range of villain: 99; AA; 5x
This is a definite fold.
It turns out that the call is profitable only in case of a bluff from the opponent's side.

Folding in Poker