$2 NLHE 6-max: Can I call 1/2 pot bet on turn with nut flush draw?

D

d4d5c4e6

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 39/23/4

pokerstars - $0.02 Ante $0.01 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (BB): $3.10 (155 bb)
UTG: $2.44 (122 bb)
MP: $1.73 (86.5 bb)
CO: $2.61 (130.5 bb)
BTN: $3.97 (198.5 bb)
SB: $0.37 (18.5 bb)

6 players post ante of $0.01, SB posts $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.09) Hero has :3c4: :ac4:
UTG raises to $0.07, fold, CO calls $0.07, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.28, 3 players) :qd4: :2c4: :2h4:
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.28, 3 players) :jc4:
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.14, fold, Hero calls $0.14

River: ($0.56, 2 players) :6c4:
Hero bets $0.27, UTG raises to $2.22 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.95

Results: $5.00 pot ($0.18 rake)
Final Board: :qd4: :2c4: :2h4: :jc4: :6c4:

UTG shows :jh4: :js4:: (Full House, Jacks full of Twos)
(Pre 67%, Flop 82%, Turn 100%)

Hero shows :3c4: :ac4:: (Flush, Ace High)
(Pre 33%, Flop 18%, Turn 0%)

UTG wins $4.82

Not sure if I should have called the flop bet, I thought there would good implied odds if I hit the flush and he had 2 pair, but turned out I was behind the entire time... from my play it was probably obvious I had the flush so I probably should have folded to his raise, given that V seemed like a decent player.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I think, all three options are in play here. Folding is not totally crazy, since you are out of position, and A3s suffer from a lot of domination against an UTG range. Its a decent 3-bet bluffing hand, and with a field caller there is some extra dead money out there to attack. And finally I guess, you are also getting a decent price to call, but you just need to be very carefull postflop, especially on A high boards.

Flop
No point in donk betting here, and if someone had made a significant bet, I would just have folded.

Turn
After flop checks through, you actually have the strongest range, because you just naturally checked to the preflop raiser. So when you pick up a draw, I would lead out now and try to take it down. As played check-folding is definitely to tight, so have to put in the call.

River
You made the flush, and now the question is, how to get paid. And this is one of the reasons, why I prefer to bet out on the turn. If you get called and get there on the river, now you can simply continue betting without making it totally obvious, you hit the flush. Or you can continue bluffing, if you miss. Whereas when you play the turn passively, you pretty much need to give up, when you miss, and its more difficult to get paid, when you hit.

You went for the donk bet, and that can be an ok line. It can definitely get hero called by some hands like AJ or KJ, that might take this line and check back, if you check to them. I would also not hate to see a check here to allow him to continue bluffing. Donk it was though, and now he moved all in.

This is a pretty gross spot to be honest. You have to call almost two times the pot, so you need to be good 40% of the time. Starting with boats I think, we can discount Q2, J2, 62 and even 66 a lot. Which leaves us with QQ, JJ and 22 for a total of 7 combos. And these are all pretty realistic, that he would play this way. JJ is checking the flop for pot control, and if you have QQ on Q22 rainbow, its extremely difficult for your opponents to have anything to pay you off with. So you typically want to go for the slowplay to allow them to bluff or catch up to something second best.

So we can give him 7 realistic combos, that we lose to, and then we need to find at least 5, that we beat. I think, KQ of clubs bet the flop, but maybe we can give him KT, K9, QT and T9 of clubs. Thats still only 4 combos though, and does he really always pile it in with a Q or T high flush on a paired board? Thats very questionable, so realistically we need him to have some pure bluff here.

I dont blame you for calling it off, but I think, this is actually a spot, where you can fold against the population in the micros and both increase your winrate and decrease the amount of frustration, which comes from getting coolered and lose an entire stack in a situation like this. I will also say, that if you lead the turn and get raised, then its much more reasonable to consider a fold. So maybe that line could actually have allowed you to get away for much less.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drawing to flushes and straights on paired boards can be a very dangerous pastime.

On the turn he's giving you 3:1 express odds on a 4:1 shot at hitting your flush. Are your implied odds there if you hit? Probably. Should you be playing for stacks with a flush on a paired board? Probably not.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 39/23/4

PokerStars - $0.02 Ante $0.01 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (BB): $3.10 (155 bb)
UTG: $2.44 (122 bb)
MP: $1.73 (86.5 bb)
CO: $2.61 (130.5 bb)
BTN: $3.97 (198.5 bb)
SB: $0.37 (18.5 bb)

6 players post ante of $0.01, SB posts $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.09) Hero has :3c4: :ac4:
UTG raises to $0.07, fold, CO calls $0.07, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.28, 3 players) :qd4: :2c4: :2h4:
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.28, 3 players) :jc4:
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.14, fold, Hero calls $0.14

River: ($0.56, 2 players) :6c4:
Hero bets $0.27, UTG raises to $2.22 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.95

Results: $5.00 pot ($0.18 rake)
Final Board: :qd4: :2c4: :2h4: :jc4: :6c4:

UTG shows :jh4: :js4:: (Full House, Jacks full of Twos)
(Pre 67%, Flop 82%, Turn 100%)

Hero shows :3c4: :ac4:: (Flush, Ace High)
(Pre 33%, Flop 18%, Turn 0%)

UTG wins $4.82

Not sure if I should have called the flop bet, I thought there would good implied odds if I hit the flush and he had 2 pair, but turned out I was behind the entire time... from my play it was probably obvious I had the flush so I probably should have folded to his raise, given that V seemed like a decent player.

I think you played the hand fine besides calling the shove, I did not look at the results while I was reading the hand and as soon as I seen the shove I thought Jacks. gotta make them disciplined folds

Full Flush Poker