$2 NLHE 6-max: how should I play aces here?

S

serna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://replayer.runitup.com/hands/8abd648196 not sure whether to cbet or not cause IMO, if our opponent doesnt have a Q, then our hand has only two streets of value against his range so perhaps, we could check to induce some bluff on the nexxt streets and make hands like TT, 99, 88 make willing to call us off on the turn and river, if we decide to bet, we could go for 72% on the flop, 42%on the turn and check behind on the most rivers. What do you think about it?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Runout answers your question.

https://replayer.runitup.com/hands/8abd648196 not sure whether to cbet or not cause IMO, if our opponent doesnt have a Q, then our hand has only two streets of value against his range so perhaps, we could check to induce some bluff on the nexxt streets and make hands like TT, 99, 88 make willing to call us off on the turn and river, if we decide to bet, we could go for 72% on the flop, 42%on the turn and check behind on the most rivers. What do you think about it?
Thank you for posting

What do most villains do with 1010 99 88 when you check flop and bet the K turn? That K is an action killer as would be an Ace.

By playing as you did you are much more likely to get that river crying call from weaker hands than by checking your possible 3 bet pre AK on the flop and betting for value twice with it.

Hope this helps

:):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you played this absolutely perfect. You gotta bet that flop for value, and you can certainly get 3 streets of value on some good board runouts. The turn card was not great though, because if you bet again of this particular card, he would be like "oh crap, now AK got there, what do I even still beat?" Checking behind the turn created perfect deception and induced him to make a bad bet on the river. If he had checked to you, a half pot river bet would get the job done as well.