$2 NLHE 6-max: Hit straight on turn 3-way on button

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I call 10 9 on the button because I'm getting 5 to 1 in position. I'm getting 5 to 1 to hit the straight on the turn against 4 to 1 pot odds but the implied odds are $0,10 so I feel like I will be getting that with two others in the pot. I hit the straight on the turn. Original better checks, so he's pretty much out and the guy behind him who is a regular bets. Question is, should I have raised? His steal percentage on the button and SB is 46% which is pretty high. His VPIP is 20% and PFR 16%.

pokerstars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Pokeit

UTG: $2.00 (100 bb)
MP: $2.03 (102 bb)
CO: $2.37 (119 bb)
BU (Hero): $2.67 (134 bb)
SB: $15.62 (781 bb)
BB: $2.44 (122 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with 9 T
1 fold, MP raises to $0.05, CO calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, 1 fold, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.21) Q 6 8 (4 players)
BB checks, MP bets $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, BB folds

Turn: ($0.51) 7 (3 players)
MP checks, CO bets $0.24, Hero raises to $0.86

Last edited:
Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are in position and you have one more street so you can just callin if SB tend to bet and raise on river

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
played well, you must raise here, defending from flush-dro, but i think, the size of raise should be less, for examle $0,60.

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are in position and you have one more street so you can just callin if SB tend to bet and raise on river

This was on my mind, because I very much like that line. It looks like a desperate bluff.
played well, you must raise here, defending from flush-dro, but i think, the size of raise should be less, for examle $0,60.

I was thinking the same thing afterwards. I should have bet less to atleast keep him in the hand. The reason I bet more is because it's 2NL and a lot of players on this limit don't understand how odds work. But seeing as this player is a regular, perhaps I should have bet 0.60.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your sizing is great, setup a river shove if clubs brick out. The problem is that you will not get payed off here if you only raise nutted hands [which is a super exploit in micro stakes]. If you are the kind of player that only shows up with the nuts after a raise postflop than its probably better to size way down to get value from a queen because nobody is going to hero call that kind of player.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your sizing is great, setup a river shove if clubs brick out. The problem is that you will not get payed off here if you only raise nutted hands [which is a super exploit in micro stakes]. If you are the kind of player that only shows up with the nuts after a raise postflop than its probably better to size way down to get value from a queen because nobody is going to hero call that kind of player.
Dude, no one at 2nl is paying attention.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can see both sides, as far as whether to call or raise on the turn. MP is definitely folding to a turn raise after cbet and then checking the turn to 2 callers...they might call if you just call but definitely folding to a raise. It's probably more adventageous to target CO entire stack, and your only chance to have a reasonable river jam is to raise turn to at least 0.60 but probably 0.70. I think your raise is probably a touch too big.

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you should keep lower your semi bluff frequency in multiway pots. even if your opponents betting 1/2 pot, you can find better reraising spots.

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have done the same in this hand. Well played.