$2 NLHE 6-max: $HE : AA, bad board, sus flop play

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG is aggro-fish who is playing very bad. playing tons of pots, splashing chips and clicking buttons. Overbluffing and no real strategy behind anything. The player in the BTN just sat down not long ago, he's relatively unknown.

I checked flop because I don't think its a good flop for our range, thoughts?

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.38 (119 bb)
MP: $2.09 (105 bb)
CO: $2.14 (107 bb)
BU: $2.08 (104 bb)
SB: $2.65 (133 bb)
BB (Hero): $4.98 (249 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with A A
UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.23, UTG calls $0.21, CO calls $0.18, BTN calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.93) T J 8 (4 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.45, CO folds, BTN raises to $1.85 (all-in), BB (Hero) folds, UTG folds

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think you will get crucified for not calling here.

B

braun_kan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Squeeze bigger here since there is lots of dead money, you are OOP, and most importantly you want to isolate the whale in a bloated pot for the chance of big value opportunities post flop. Something like 15BB the whale will probably still call and this might actually get the other players to fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would also squeeze bigger to thin the field and cut down on their implied odds.

Flop
As played its a pretty dicy spot for AA with a super connected board and 3 opponents, and I dont mind checking to underrepresent our hand a little and basically see, what happens. We get a bet from the UTG limper, a fold from CO and a jam from BTN, and now we have to make a decision for stacks.

We could be basically dead against a straight or a set, and that would obivously suck, but how often are Q9 or 97 calling a 3-bet? It should not be to often, and if they can have Q9 or 97, then they can also have A9, K9, J9, T9 or 98, and we are doing just fine against those hands. They could also have hands like AJ, KJ or QJ, and we are doing even better against those.

Its by no means a fish-pump, but the pot is massive, UTG is splashy, and BTN is an unknown playing 2NL, who dubble flatted, meaning he first flatted the initial raise and then the 3-bet. So he is probably not the tightest or best player in the world either. And for those reasons I would stick it in here and buckle up for a wild ride. But I dont think, your fold is awfull. Missing out on a marginal spot like this is less of a problem than making terrible calls for stacks and then get tilted, when you lose :)

L

lcartaxo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely 3bet a bit bigger preflop. But it's not a real issue here.

And flop it's a very coordinated board, againt 3 opps. The board is very favourable to the callers, containing sets and 2 pairs easily. So, I check-fold after a bet/raise.