$2 NLHE 6-max: Good X/Raise or hand to play it X/call?

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 3 notes off the vilain making 3 bets very louse,thats why i call because QJo is fold to 3bet most off the time.With the Tpair and a 3bet range off the vilain so wide i deside to make raise turn,did it was ok or was beater to play X/Call the 3 streets?
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624sPKaUC

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Friend
I think he was bluffing the set of 6.
But it's pretty hard to know what the opponent has before the showdown but it seemed like his bluff.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought you player it well. Sometimes your beat there.
Don't over play TP vs a tight player or you lose.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although you got a positive result, your hand should be removed after the increase of the villain in preflop. You are out of position and face a very deep 3-bet, for which your hand is too weak to continue. Already in the flop, you are OOP. Villain could have trips of 6, or K-Q; A-Q; +; etc. As much as you know that this player plays weak hands, you should not get involved in situations that are incorrect.
Always try to take the best kicker when you are out of position, and observe the characteristics of the board, your chances of winning the hand, which hands defeat yours and also pay attention to the betting sizes. If it is convenient to get involved in one hand, taking into account the real chances you have of winning.
Regards.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop: Fold.

Flop: standard call

Turn: I would fold here. Villain can have AA, KK, sets, AQ, KQ and some random 6, like 76, 65. You lose to all of that. Calling with KQ is infinitely better here, because you block KK and unblock Jx bluffs.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop: Fold.

Flop: standard call

Turn: I would fold here. Villain can have AA, KK, sets, AQ, KQ and some random 6, like 76, 65. You lose to all of that. Calling with KQ is infinitely better here, because you block KK and unblock Jx bluffs.

First, why fold preflop to a small raise with a decent holding. The notes were the villain likes to bet loosely. Flop is definitely a standard call. On the turn, you're giving the villain too much credit. They are betting to try to get you off your hand. You have a very strong holding that can catch his bluff and is strong at showdown. I think the play was good the way it was.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
First, why fold preflop to a small raise with a decent holding. The notes were the villain likes to bet loosely. Flop is definitely a standard call. On the turn, you're giving the villain too much credit. They are betting to try to get you off your hand. You have a very strong holding that can catch his bluff and is strong at showdown. I think the play was good the way it was.

1. 3bet is not small, it's actually quite big 3bet. And even if it was not a big 3bet, but standard 3bet, QJo is still fold there. Learn some ranges bro.

2. How you know what villain is trying to do? Give him a range instead of guessing and you will see that QJ doesn't have enough equity.

3. Top pair decent kicker is not a very strong hand. It is not even a strong hand, it is abysmal hand in this spot. It can bluff catch but it is not a good bluffcatcher because it blocks J high bluffs and doesn't block villain's value hands.

4. the play was terrible the way it was.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands