$2 NLHE 6-max: Good played QQ BB vs BTN (K in flop)

OmarRD7

OmarRD7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324J4IJVL

Hi there, my friends. I had so much fun with this hand. I think this is a hand that could be played in so many ways, but I want to know if my way to played was the best.

I checked turn and river because I though that is highly probable that V could have AK, if not why 3bet and call 4bet IP? And then, call cbet in flop? JJ are probable too but, calling a cbet with JJ and K in flop after a 4bet PFR..?

I though that the V has advantage due to the position and the K, he could easily bluff me or trick me to put more money.

So... what are your thoughts?:smile:

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend you continue betting and fold to a check raise. Not betting allows flush draws and small pocket pairs to see free cards after the flop.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop is good and sizing is good as well. You dont want the initial raiser to even think about getting in the hand.

On the flop I think I would be betting bigger here. I dont hate going small as you did but I think it is better to go somewhere around half. Flush draws wont fold but we do want to get value from their calls and you can get more by betting more here. Depends on what kind of villain we are going against on whether they will flat AA or KK pre. Given that stacks are deep and we are playing $2 NL I would think it is actually highly unlikely that we are facing AA or KK but it could be possible. Obviously AK is a possibility and is not folding to really any size bet but I think we can target clubs, JJ and 1010 here for value.

Turn card changes nothing except for maybe the fact that if the villain has a club draw they should not value it as much with a paired board. I see no fours in their range so I would be betting again here to get value (and protect equity) against club draws and then be betting purely for value against the JJ, 1010 part of their range. If they have AK here I will be valuing myself but that is worth it to get value against some smaller pairs that could be sticky here and the clubs.

On the river as played it would depend on sizing for me if I would be calling since I would expect the JJ and 1010 part of villains range to check behind. I dont think I would lead out unless I really thought I could get AK to fold. Not sure we get that to work in $2 NL. I am not sure the villain checks behind on the turn with AK though. That check behind would make me think they either have clubs or the pairs. Luckily they check behind and make our life easier. Never would put them on QQ since we have the other two however, if we double barreled would they fold their queens? Maybe or maybe not but it is something to think about.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree in large part with 300hpgod. Pre flop 4bet looks good for me. On the flop I play a little bigger bet, about 67% of the pot, because the flop isn't good for pocket QQ and in this situation we have to be careful with one over card and playing OOP. Opponent 3bet pre flop something, he shows any hand with potential and we have to respect it. I don't see too many suited connector cards in his range, so I don't think so that he has any flush draw. If he calls your bet on the flop, I give up this pocket QQ, because we are OOP and we can have hard decisions in this situation with one over card. GL :)

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the line you took. Another possibility is to check the flop and let opponent bluff the hands that would fold to a cbet on the flop.
I expect him to have AK, AQ (nerfed by our QQ) and TT+ pretty often. A fair amount of the times we are behind on the flop so this hand needs to be played cautiosly