$2 NLHE 6-max: Good fold or i had the odds to call?

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i had to put 1,88 to a pot that would had 5,32 so my pot odd were 5,32/1,88=28%.
my hand had(counting only the strait) 6 out tre 9 and tre A(also didnt count the 9 and A off harts) 6*4=24% so thinking that maith one off them have a flush draw the fold is corret, but iff we asume that they bouth had hand made(doubles,sets,T pair) them i will have 8 outs and my equity will be 8*4=32 in that case will be a lucrative call,wath do you guis think?
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/224sLcEPL

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre, fold flop the first time it gets to you for 0.14, fold to the all in and call from short stack. Your math seems off. He made a huge overbet. You're risking 1.88, the pot before you call is 3.45. Your odds aren't close, even if you had 8 clean outs. You can't count the 1.88 twice.

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To answer your main question, yes it is a good fold and you should always fold turn.

Also preflop you sometimes can fold the offsuit KJ and call with suited KJ, it doesn't change much in terms of equity but it narrows down your calling range.
This could have been a profitable squeeze preflop but it depends on your opponents stats and how they respond to it.

On the flop there is a bet and a raise on a wet flop, although you have the position advantage, I doubt we can make our opponents fold by raising flop or turn.
Realistically you need to hit the straight on the turn or you will need to give up your hand, so mostly fold on the flop as well.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Small Blind

Hi there freddydr87, how are you? Happy holidays for you and your family. Thanks for posting your hand.
I would try to make this one short: You are calling too much from the SB. On the past hand you posted a 77 that you called preflop and called in a terrible flop. Again, you called an open raisor from MP with KJo, MWP and insisted calling flop again.
almost 95% of times our optimal play from the SB is either 3bet/Squeeze or FOLD.
We rarely will get the proper odds for calling (When it comes with limpers behind or mini-raisor + caller).
SB is the worst position to play postflop. Our equity will never realize and when it realizes, we will be crushed by better hands (sometimes).
Try to minimize your calling range from the SB or your bankroll is going to bleed. Never forget the rake.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you made good fold. No other options there)

Last edited:
I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop for me is a fold out of position or used as a 3 bet squeeze spot.
As played I think it's a clear check fold on the flop your open ended and with the big over bet don't think you've got much fold equity if you chose to raise here.
If you brick the turn like you often will what would your plan be? Check fold here? Save the $ and wait.
against a single bettor you will have good equity but against a bet and a raise think it's a clear lay down for me

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator Folding in Poker