$2 NLHE 6-max: good 3bet?

OmarRD7

OmarRD7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a good 3bet KQo vs UTG? i have notes off him openis suited conectors like 67 on the UTG,so KQ is ahead off part off his rangue.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/124sXW7lA

Hi there, Freddy! Overall, I think you played it very well, specially in T-R.

If you believe that villain have loose range, a re-raise PF with KQ IP is a good play. But, I think that it was a little bit oversized (I have the same problem in some hands).

He raise 3BB OOP, then you re-raised 9BB with KQo. With KQo, I think is a little bit that you should 3Bet. I think 6BB or 7.5BB is enough to make him feel the pressure of your position against his very wide range. However, a 9BB call in PF could complicated your play in F to R.

I think you got lucky that he decided to be so passive letting you to get more and more odds to finally beat him in R. But, if he would strongly raised your F bet, he could made you fold because you had nothing. But he killed himself playing so passively.

Also, good X in T, because he could completed a straight with QT, have a 3-of-a-kind JJ-AA or AK. All this possibilities are not very likely if you only consider his range BUT with that call in PF and F with a wet board for tight ranges suggets that he was holding a tight range in that hand (as he actually did).

Finally, you got a very good R, really good :D and that all in raise was fantastic to blow his mind a make him pay you without even think that he is a looser :wink: He probably thought you were making a bluff due to big bets in PF and F, but checked in the T.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally speaking, I don't like a 3 bet of an UTG open with your hand. Other than preflop, you played the hand fine.