Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get dealt AT clubs in Cutoff, raise 2.5x to 0.05
Button 4x to 0.20
He's playing LAG and is just as likely to have rags as bullets
I'm very rarely in terrible shape vs a button 4bet, especially with the blocker, but with such a marginal hand it seems there's too big a chance I'm crushed.
I decide to let it go, is this what winning players would do in this spot? Or is it purely situational??

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
change table as he is going to make life difficult for you.is he 3betting a lot or is this isolated instance. You don't need to get into 3,4,5bet wars at 2nl and you need to know that he's 3betting a wide range in order to 4bet him profitably.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need more precise information about his 3bet range, but typically I would say there is no need to call ATo OOP even vs button. If he has 15% 3bet range {88+, A2s+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, ATo+, KJo+, QJo} you have 47% equity, if he folds to 4bets imo this is good enough hand sometimes to 4bet bluff. Against given range, if you both hit your Axx same time with top pair, you only have 36% equity.

Bad lags should be quite profitable creatures, unfortunately they are usually fastest learners on the table, and so you should change your style against them too. In practise this would mean, first wait good hand and just call, when he learns this trick, go for standard mode, and so on...

Last edited:
T

Tricky123bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
change table as he is going to make life difficult for you.is he 3betting a lot or is this isolated instance. You don't need to get into 3,4,5bet wars at 2nl and you need to know that he's 3betting a wide range in order to 4bet him profitably.
+1
Table selecting well is going to be your friend. The last thing you want is to have an aggressive player on your immediate left.
You ask what winning players would do. ABC poker is pretty much the answer, and exploiting your opponent's weaknesses. Exploiting good LAGs is going to be very tough, hence table selecting well becomes relevant.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh my god, there is no good lags in 2nl, nor 5nl, nor 10nl nor 16nl. There is only one type of lag and he is happy to give his whole stack to you 7- high.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To add 6 max without lags is like full tables without whales.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice fold, although you had a relative good hand, cause he is playing loose aggressive, there are some things to consider:
-You won't have position post flop
-He might have some blockers, hands like QJo, QTo, and even a K9o
-There are only 6 cards in the deck that can help you make a real hand on the flop: 3 aces and 3 tens (note here that if the flop came with a Jack, Queen or King, he could also have done a higher pair than yours.
I know it's 6-max and AT is a very good hand, but i don't think it's worth to play this hand with a lot of value before the flop, especially against a reraise and out of position.

Folding in Poker