$2 NLHE 6-max: Fold 77 top pair OOP?

N

nizorz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night I played 1k hands with a tidy profit of $7.43.
Today I reviewed my hands and came across this one which is a little sticky.

I probably shouldn't of folded with 2 flush draws which could miss but he was very aggressive but with the UTG open I assumed a higher top pair after the turn.

I look forward to your opinions

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 193 BB
SB: 72.5 BB
Hero (BB): 305 BB
UTG: 103.5 BB
MP: 122 BB
CO: 277.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7 7

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) 5 2 6
Hero checks, UTG bets 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

Turn: (16.5 BB, 2 players) 5
Hero checks, UTG bets 12 BB, fold

UTG wins 16 BB

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't hate your fold there.

Realising your equity on that board is difficult being out of position.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it was a good fold. I say he had pocket 9 or 10. Just my thoughts.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your opponent's bets are too aggressive. He's trying to build up a big pot. And regardless of whether the flush draw closes or not, we will see a big bet most likely on the river. He can be ahead of us all the way with the top pair or have a hand like AK diamonds and get his out on the river. Making a call will be even more difficult. Fold is a smart decision when you are not in the mood to create a big pot against an aggressive player.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you plug this into a solver, you are probably supposed to still defend with 77 on the turn and then maybe fold it to a big river bet, unless you improve. However I dont mind, how you played it. He is opening UTG, so 88+ is definitely a significant chunk of his range, and these big bets tend to be skewed towards value / protection in the micros. The issue with continuing is, you are going to hate most river cards, and he is likely going to fire another big bet, which will be very difficult for you to call.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played the hero is anticipating future events. The villain from UTG dominates us in blockers for this texture, possibly with 99+. In addition, everything seems to indicate that V will continue to shoot hard on the river, given the bet sizes that he elected OTF and OTT.
Sometimes people are amazed at the plays made in postflop, but they do not consider the dynamics that unfold in the hand and the most anticipated upcoming actions.
Greetings.

Folding in Poker