Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with 5 7
1 fold, MP calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, 2 players fold, BB checks

Flop: ($0.07) 5 5 2 (3 players)
BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.04, BB folds, MP calls $0.04

Turn: ($0.15) 9 (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $0.07, MP raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.17

River: ($0.63) J (2 players)
MP bets $0.61 (all-in), CO (Hero) folds

Villain had stats of VPIP 45/ PFR 9 / AF 0 (11 hands)

I decide to limp behind because the table was passive, I didn't think I would get raised too often and I didn't mind playing a limped pot IP versus a presumed fish with a broken stack. I know I don't have a ton of implied odds but I decided to play.

On the flop I try to start building a pot, Villain calls. I think V's calling range can be
any A4,A3,A2, 22-88, maybe some big-cards that wanted to peel one like JT,QJ,AT,AJ etc.

On the turn I bet and get raised, whats this guys raising range? if he's a broken stack isn't there a decent chance this can be spew with a good diamond ? villain can probrably have a ton of Ad hands in his range I have him calling flop with a ton of Ax hands.

Villain's value range would be 99,22,A5 type hands and turned flushes.

Maybe he can be over-playing A9, or has a semi bluff with a good diamond?

Against this range if we include the Ad semi-bluffs and overplayed A9 we have 64% equity. The problem is villains stack will be small once we call and I feel like maybe this is a push or fold spot? wasn't quite sure. I call and Jc comes on the river. Villain open shoves here. We are getting 2:1. We don't have much stats on villain but his AF was 0 over 11 hands. I heard villains are under-bluffing at these stakes but have found some villains in particular will do bluff quite a bit. Do we give villain the benefit of the doubt at fold river because we have small sample size to make any clear conclusions about his range here? I decided to fold and figured he had the flush or better.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold pre, bomb on every street on nl2. . ..
Hope this helps and Good Luck!

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im cool with calling as you did pre flop if you thought no one behind would raise as you stated in your post. If you are at an aggressive table then I would just fold this or if you wanted play then come in for a raise but at a passive table I think calling is fine hoping to see a cheap flop.

On the flop, we smash it but there are two diamonds on the board so villain is only giving us action with 2 diamonds or a hand like 66-88 that I guess could still only limp pre flop (certain player types). All else except A2, A3, A4 hands are folding so you might as well go bigger if you are betting. That way it builds a pot. I dont normally like betting when we monopolize the board but there are enough draws out there to still call and hands like A10 that if they limped pre would still fold so from villains perspective they are either calling or folding with not much thought to bet size so might as well try to get a few more cents.

The turn comes a card we dont like as any non diamond would make us happy here. I would not want to check behind giving villain a free run if they had one diamond so I would bet as you did and the sizing imo is fine. When we get check raised here I would instantly think flush unless villain is capable of bluffing. I would actually fold this hand right here (which can be exploited by good players) if I knew villain was not capable of bluffing in spots like these.

On the river as played its a hard call which I would have been super tight and not got to. At this point when they go that big you have to fold imo and if its a bluff then its a good one but I doubt it. It seems as though they hit the flush and you have to just live with. They might not think you have many 5x hands which is true but you could have two diamonds yourself so I doubt this is a bluff from villain. Again, if they bluffed you here then good for them but a bad fold is better than a bad call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Its ok to limp behind here. Folding is also acceptable.

Flop
Betting is obviously fine, but as HP300GOD say, maybe go a bit larger in a limped pot to allow larger bets on later streets. Its a nitpick though.

Turn
Not the best card, but I would also continue betting for value. When he check-raise, it kind of scream flush, but you have 10 outs to a boat, so folding would be to tight.

River
Easy fold especially to an almost pot sized jam.