$2 NLHE 6-max: Flopped Set. What is villain calling with?

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker
[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
UTG: $3.04 (152 bb)
MP: $0.96 (48 bb)
CO: $2.39 (120 bb)
BU: $1.81 (91 bb)
SB (Hero): $5.95 (298 bb)
BB: $4.86 (243 bb)
[/FONT]
Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with 4 4
UTG raises to $0.05, 1 fold, CO calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.04, 1 fold
[/FONT]
Flop: ($0.22) 8 A 4 (4 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.14, 2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG calls $0.26
[/FONT]
Turn: ($1.02) 8 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.74, UTG calls $0.74
[/FONT]
River: ($2.50) K (2 players)
Hero bets $1.86, UTG calls $1.85 (all-in)

When he calls the turn bet can we give him AK,AQ here? do you think this is played correctly?

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG raise means its more likely for him to have an ace in his hand, and with a 2.5x raise probably not AK/AQ.

I'm guessing they got sticky with something like an AT/AJ and didn't want to fold. Rarely will have a suited Ace or 89 and 88 there. But super rarely.

Shovel the money in and feel good!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I dont do much setming from SB, because it sucks to be out of position, and the discount, you are getting, is not meaningfull. But in this situation I would also call. Having 3 opponents in the pot rather than one is great, because it increase the chance, someone hits a hand like top pair, and the pot is also larger to begin with.

Flop
When we check-raise on such a dry board, we cant really represent a draw. But at 2NL this dont matter to much, because most opponents are beginners, and they are more focused on their own hand. Like "I have top pair LOL I call". So I like going for the super unbalanced and face up fastplay here and try to get as much as possible out of an AX hand.

Turn
Fairly brick card. It nukes out 2 combos of 88 but bring in A8. However A8o is not a standard open from UTG, and there are only 2 combos of A8s. He also should not be to scared, we check-raised the flop with second pair, so I think, we are very likely to get called by hands like AK/AQ again, and I like the big bet. Lets try to stack him, if he cant fold that big top pair.

River
This is obviously a great card, if he has AK, and I see no reason to not go for max value. If we ran into a bigger boat, just sucks to be us.