BB: $0.43 (22 bb)
[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with T T
1 fold, CO raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, 1 fold
[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Flop: ($0.20) T 8 6 (3 players)
[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SB bets $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.32, SB raises to $2.28 (all-in), CO folds, Hero calls $1.96

[/FONT]What do we think about his range here? is getting it in ever a mistake here? on flopzilla, against a range of sets and 97s we have 70% equity. Is this line always 97s? if its only straights then we have 33% equity and we would need 40% to call.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop I think 3 betting is better but I dont hate calling here especially if the blinds are not over agressive and wont be squeezing a lot. I know a lot of people hate calling in this spot and will be screaming that you should 3 bet. I dont hate either but I will agree with them 3 betting is better.

When it comes to the flop, good decision by you to raise although with a bet and a call I think your raise should be a little larger but that is nitpicking a little bit. As far as your question goes, its going to sound bad but with top set and the bet being already all in I wouldnt even think nor care what their range is here I would never consider folding. Even if they do have 97 (and its nowhere near always that they have 97 here) we still have a re draw to a boat. This is an easy call without even thinking about it and I will use a term I stole from Bigdog pocket 5's... I would break my arm here getting my chips in after this jam, it would be an insta-call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone playing almost half the deck can definitely have all 16 combos of 97. But even against 97 you have 35% equity, and you only need 40% to break even. So if you add in just a few combos of anything else, you are doing just fine here. We cant really say, that just because a 2NL fish jam it in on the flop, then he MUST have the nuts. So as HP300GOD say, we beat him into the pot and prepare ourselfes to ride the variance train :)

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At $2 NL, his range is going to be so much wider than just 97 there.

If Phil Hellmuth check/jams 200 BB in that spot, maybe, just maybe I can find a fold the way Doug Polk did...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If Phil Hellmuth check/jams 200 BB in that spot, maybe, just maybe I can find a fold the way Doug Polk did...

And even then probably not, since we are almost priced in to call with top set, even if he showed us a straight. In the Polk vs. Helmuth hand Polk had the low end of the straight, so if Helmuth had the high end, as in fact he did, Polk would be drawing completely dead.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have top set (nuts right now). So you should put your money in the pot independently of villain`s range.

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Always a call the way it was played. However i prefer 3b Preflop to build pot in position and to have initiative on boards where you don't flop trips.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snap call. You have the second nuts here. Even if he has 97 you still have 10 outs by the river.

You just cannot fold this. Nothing to even give second thoughts about. If you fold this, might as well not play poker.