$2 NLHE 6-max: Finding hard to extrat value in river

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Know your opponent. Some players cannot help themselves but to bet if checked to. Others may check behind. I think in this case, villain would have called a 50-75% pot bet on the river.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easiest way to extract value is to "value bet". Some draws missed so give V a chance to make a mistake by calling. If they have showdown value and you missed a draw then you aren't likely to call if they bet anyway. As Sidetracked said, unless you have an agro V you will get more by betting small on the river. If they are more stationy then size up river.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this stakes, people are generally passive. Also unwound rather expect him to „bluff“ a medium made hand if draw comes in and we check for randomness then to bluff a missed draw.

I think most EV is always to valuebet. Hence i would bet 50-60% on this river. To get a crying call from 77-99 or JTs+ type hands

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Vilain CC could be A3s,A4s,A5s, or 77,88,99,66,TT and maibe some KK or AA how flats to get an Squeese.
When i get to the river have a hard desition,do i X and bluff catch the draws? or do i bet 30% to 40% to get payed by some medium pocket pairs?
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424sZJQGS

Hello there freddydr87 thanks for posting your hands.
The preflop game is fine, we raise 3x from UTG and get called by BTN, SB and BB (terrible high variance spot). Note that all callers are deep stacked. Do we really want to make the pot grow fast here? I guess not.
I don't love our C-bet here because we are out of position in relation to BTN, because there are too many players to speak, because this flop favors more the calling range than our range. We didn't smash this flop to be betting.
Our C-bet here is not for value and is not for bluff. The Flop is heavy drawie connected, even if we bet 100% pot here many players would never fold a flush/straight draw and there are some two pair and sets in their ranges (T6s, 22, 66, TT). It is possible to call a TT when it comes a UTG raise when they are in the BTN, SB or BB.
It is a huge mistake I see many players doing at 2 NLHE: When they catch a low board, and they have 99, TT, JJ, QQ, KK and AA, they would never fold no matter what happens, no matter if in the Rivers double pairs, completes a flush or a straight, they simply go because if we have JJ and there is no Queen, no King or Ace we are winning right? Nope.
Remember that we are not betting because the flop is our friend, because the flop is nice and because there are low cards on it. We bet to be paid by worse hands.
Furthermore, our C-bet Flop is a huge size, more than 1/2 Pot in a high variance spot where we don't have the nuts for so doing.
In the Turn double the 6 and we fire another huge sizing and Villain's BTN calls!
The player in the BTN made the same mistake we did from UTG: We bet because we saw a low board and BTN called because it saw a low board. Put a note on this player (never leaves 99 river in a low board). There was a Tx, but we know how players use not to think about board texture and configuration.
Yes, given this line if you bet or jam river he would call it easily, even with a Tx in the board. Don't forget to put a note on it! (The BTN player should not even be calling your C-Bet flop). The BTN would call a shove here because UTG is never bluffing AT, KT in a spot like that, and, on the other side, there are some missed flush draws that could jam the river and BTN has a hand with "showdown value".

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa