Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $1.97 (99 bb)
MP: $2.03 (102 bb)
CO: $7.14 (357 bb)
BU (Hero): $2.24 (112 bb)
SB: $2.08 (104 bb)
BB: $2.42 (121 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with Q K
1 fold, MP raises to $0.07, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.18, 2 players fold, MP calls $0.11

Flop: ($0.39) Q 4 4 (2 players)
MP bets $0.38

Hi guys,
this time with a hand where I make a 3bet from BTN to 9bb vs an OR from MP to 3.5bb.

I have KQo and the flop gives me top pair.

What would your move be when facing a Pot size Donk bet in the flop?

Thanks in advance.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players

1 fold, MP raises to $0.07, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.18, 2 players fold, MP calls $0.11

MP bets $0.38

Hi guys,
this time with a hand where I make a 3bet from BTN to 9bb vs an OR from MP to 3.5bb.

Thanks in advance.

OTF it is very hard to fold yet because our hands are still very strong here (hands that we 3-bet in situations like this such as KQ, AQ, QQ, KK+ and even AKs), but given that Villain insists OTT there is nothing we can do but fold.
The reason is because of the connectivity of the board, besides the flush draws of Spades, we can't see bluffs on Vilain's range that could go for this polarized sizings, plus, weak players never bet so much with second best hands.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I always fold KQo pre flop when opponent raise something before me, because of situation like this on that boards. When somebody raise pre flop as a first and I had KQo many times I saw better hand like Ako or AQo. As played - If you want play this hand I prefer playing only call pre flop and see the flop, but I don't recommend, because it is still a little risky move. Besides with this hand I prefer playing pot control. Opponent played very big bets on the flop and on the turn and it seems that he has something strong. With this hand for me it is hard decision on the flop and on the turn, but I probably don't see any escape in this situation. GL :)

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I always fold KQo pre flop when opponent raise something before me, because of situation like this on that boards. When somebody raise pre flop as a first and I had KQo many times I saw better hand like Ako or AQo. As played - If you want play this hand I prefer playing only call pre flop and see the flop, but I don't recommend, because it is still a little risky move. Besides with this hand I prefer playing pot control. Opponent played very big bets on the flop and on the turn and it seems that he has something strong. With this hand for me it is hard decision on the flop and on the turn, but I probably don't see any escape in this situation. GL :)

I disagree. KQo is a 3bet or fold vs CO and MP, I'd probably fold it vs a BTN open though.

We have to be cautious against V's continuing range once we 3bet, so V's F3B stat and his RFI from MP are important to look at before determining if a 3bet is profitable.

We should construct a pretty tight range for V here, but since this is 2nl I don't think we can fold. His pot size donk actually can't be too strong (at least with players here in america, dunno about poker stars)

You only lose to AQ. I can see him doing this with any AK, maybe JJ-99 and of course KQ.

Stacks will be about 1.50 after flop bet, and the pot will be $1. If he checks on the turn, I'd bet 1/3 pot to allow his under pairs to call... if he comes over the top, you're probably beat and can fold and get away from it.

If he shoves turn when the fd hits, you can consider a fold as I don't think he's bluffing.

Just my thoughts, but again you only lose to like 10c, chop with 6, and are ahead of a great deal. :pcguru:

O

osvimanCC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all guys for your answers.

I really learn a lot from them.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll 3 bet here a lot, might call if villains stats made me think that was a better move. Might fold occasionally. I'm really looking at the villain's stats and even who is still to act also sometimes.

The donk bet is ugly. Ideally you get a read that you can just give up and save money here, or have a strong idea this could be wild play without tptk or better. That can be very difficult against unknown players even when they are bad. Against a wild bluffy maniac i might decide top pair second kicker is enough to stack off. If someone very passive and weak donks like this I can just fold to the donk bet.

Overall, i am looking for EASY spots at 2NL, because there are enough of them to make profit without getting involved in hard decisions. You can overfold without being abused by the regs simply by playing against the bad players and seeking majority of your action there.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players

MP bets $0.38

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Let’s look at the villains range,
A MP cold call of a 3bet so he could be calling with ands like 99+, AJs+, KQs+, some suites connectors maybe some random suited A’s sometimes here and there.
So depending of the villain is usually aggro then I’d like to continue. Just smooth calling the flop there as against a lot of the range we would have very good equity. The range of villains on the turn is going to be massively narrowed with the action, if it was checked then you could safely bet and if villain bets half pot on turn you could continue. AA and KK are usually going to 4bet preflop, you block QQ so realistically the only hand you have to worry about is things like AQ which again you block one queen so there are far less combos. This situation is quite player dependant so make sure you are paying attention to player types