pokerstars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players

manchester_e (UTG): $2.05 (103 bb)
Chacade (MP): $2.21 (111 bb)
kopatich52 (CO): $14.13 (707 bb)
Yap$inho (BU): $1.79 (90 bb)
I.valued09 (SB): $3.98 (199 bb)
MRFURLAN (BB): $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (Yap$inho) is BTN with K K
2 players fold, kopatich52 (CO) raises to $0.06, Yap$inho (BU) 3-bets to $0.20, 2 players fold, kopatich52 (CO) calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.43) 3 4 3 (2 players)
kopatich52 (CO) checks, Yap$inho (BU) checks

Turn: ($0.43) 7 (2 players)
kopatich52 (CO) bets $0.20, Yap$inho (BU) calls $0.20

River: ($0.83) T (2 players)
kopatich52 (CO) bets $0.60, Yap$inho (BU) calls $0.60

Total pot: $2.03 (Rake: $0.07)

Showdown:
kopatich52 (CO) shows A Q (a flush, Ace high)
( - Pre-Flop: 32%, Flop: 17%, Turn: 23%, River: 100%)

Yap$inho (BU) mucks K K (two pair, Kings and Threes)
( - Pre-Flop: 68%, Flop: 83%, Turn: 77%, River: 0%)

kopatich52 (CO) wins $1.96

Flop: I didn't C-Bet, because I thought he never connects to the board, since he called my 3-Bet. So I decided to go for a check and get bluffs by AXs and value bets by QQ, JJ

Turn: I didn't realize that the possibility of a Flush Draw layed on the board. So I just called his bet, since I thought my plan was working out. I think I should have reraised the hand big enough to make everything fold that I am beating right now. I think 0.70 - 0.80 $ would be a good bet here.

River: I realize now that he could have had a Flush. Anyway, I called because there a still some bluffs in his range and of course QQ and JJ. I don't think a fold is a viable option at that point.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop: Just cbet your whole range. Villain has a lot of pairs and good Ace to defend which you can get values from.

Turn: Yes as played just raise on the turn.

River: Not much you can do, just call as you underrep your hand

You really need to get three streets values with this hand.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The check on the flop was no good, especially with your stack size. Once the villain gets to the turn with two overs and a flush draw, they will not be bet off the hand when they have a massive chip advantage over you. It's just one of those hands that we can't win here I believe.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must bet on flop. villain has many worst hands to call with and you have to get value.
turn the same.
on river fold as played

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many errors in hand

First of all I disagree this is a standard fold on the river as played I lean towards call unless villain is very nitty. You are basically at the top of your range and a competent player would be aware that they could bluff this board rather frequently. Flop check is pretty bad since you will be bluffing here so much. with Ax or other cbets that should continue on this flop. On this board I am usually firing close to 100% as if villain has Jacks/1010 you are likely to get three streets. Also, is villain really folding AQ AJ here doubt it. I probably would float at least once. As played turn raise prob is better than call due to bluff heaviness of villain's range. Depends also on how wide villain is and if he has a multitude of 3x and bluffs in which case I like a call. River as played call due to underrepping your hand. If you fold you legit could just be folding to JJ or QQ if villian does not 4 bet those. PS. good players if raise on turn will take advantage of you rerasing and could rebluff based on range advantage. Realistically I think you lose this hand anway. If your line was CBet, Call(v), Check(v) Bet call, Lead(v), ???. That is a tougher spot and an easier fold imo costing you about the same and is dependent on villain bluff frequency. Still lean towards call just cause you beat some of his value range and a good player will bluff this board rather frequently. Yet, I dont hate getting away on that line as your hand is more transparent.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As everyone else has said, cbet to flop. But I have a particular question about this:
I think I should have reraised the hand big enough to make everything fold that I am beating right now.

Why would you want to make everything you're beating fold? You want to force him to make a mistake by calling incorrectly, not by making the correct choice and folding.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop was perfect. Flop you definitely should c bet. In 3 bet pots I like to shovel money into the pot; overbet. Either they missed something like AK, or they have a pair to continue with. Strangely, bigger bets seem to get called as much as smaller bets. You obviously could face a monster, but that's poker. Turn doesn't scare me to much, but again, someone could hit a set or straight, the straight is extremely unlikely. I still expect to be ahead most of the time. The nice thing about that card is it gives alot of hands a straight or flush draw, or an over pair. For that reason I like bombing the pot. Vs most 2nl players I'd push my stack in.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop was perfect. Flop you definitely should c bet. In 3 bet pots I like to shovel money into the pot; overbet. Either they missed something like AK, or they have a pair to continue with. Strangely, bigger bets seem to get called as much as smaller bets. You obviously could face a monster, but that's poker. Turn doesn't scare me to much, but again, someone could hit a set or straight, the straight is extremely unlikely. I still expect to be ahead most of the time. The nice thing about that card is it gives alot of hands a straight or flush draw, or an over pair. For that reason I like bombing the pot. Vs most 2nl players I'd push my stack in.
Yes, I know this is a high variance line, but I see no reason to play timidly in this hand.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cbet flop, he will cal with pairs sometimes with AXs. After turn well played he could have JJ QQ 99.

Full Flush Poker