$2 NLHE 6-max: Does this line make sense?

R

RVladimiro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is 25/17.

pokerstars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

MP: $2.59
CO: $2.09
BTN: $2.10
SB: $0.69
Hero (BB): $2.29
UTG: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has [5s] [5h]

fold, MP calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.10, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.08, MP calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.31, 3 players) [10d] [6d] [6h]
Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22, MP calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.97, 3 players) [5c]
Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, fold

River: ($2.37, 2 players) [9s]
Hero bets $1.27 and is all-in, CO calls $1.07 and is all-in

Would like to hear your opinion about this hand. One detail is that might be relevant is that I checked villain's cbet% that was around 70%. That was why I called the flop.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded pre flop.I would have folded on the flop.After the turn i see nothing wrong with the way you played it.I would have leaned more towards a CR on the turn but if you didn't to try to keep MP in the pot (since you didn't post his stats).I see nothing wrong with the play.
Edit:When you check call the flop unless you hit your 2 outer your not going to keep calling villain are you?Even if you do you only have one way to win the pot that's at showdown.With a under pair on a two tone\st8 draw board your throwing money away calling the flop.

R

RVladimiro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Joe

The stats of the villain are on the top of the post 25/17.

I checked PokerStove and I was a 3:2 dog in that flop against his range but what I thought was that with that flop and his cbet% he most likely missed it than hit it.

On one hand I see it as a awfuly played hand, on the other hand I see it has a good decision.

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo villain is cbetting that board with a lot of his pf raising range, and a call isn't all that bad w/ a hand like 55. I would also flat and re-evaluate on the turn. If an overcard to the T doesn't come, then you might bluffcatch if he bets the turn. If he checks, then you know your hand is probably good.

I think OTF I would be more worried about MP still to act behind you. His limp-calling range hits that board pretty well, but since he just flatted I doubt he has much but a draw here.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo villain is cbetting that board with a lot of his pf raising range, and a call isn't all that bad w/ a hand like 55. I would also flat and re-evaluate on the turn. If an overcard to the T doesn't come, then you might bluffcatch if he bets the turn. If he checks, then you know your hand is probably good.

I think OTF I would be more worried about MP still to act behind you. His limp-calling range hits that board pretty well, but since he just flatted I doubt he has much but a draw here.
IMO 55 under pair to the board,on a paired board with a st8\flush draw in a muti way pot is burning money up.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO 55 under pair to the board,on a paired board with a st8\flush draw in a muti way pot is burning money up.

+1. Floating the flop OOP is probably a bad decision. I do like the river shove because your range includes a some missed draws but also unfortunately some 6s which may deter him but the pot is big and your stack size is well under so he's probably kind of committed

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, it would be better to float if the guy had a cbet of like 80-90 percent and you were IP. I just fold to the c-bet, i mean we're ahead a lot of the time but we're never gonna know where we stand when any over card comes and its multiway and is just a marginal spot that you dont need to even get involved in, you missed your set so give up.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Joe

The stats of the villain are on the top of the post 25/17.

I checked PokerStove and I was a 3:2 dog in that flop against his range but what I thought was that with that flop and his cbet% he most likely missed it than hit it.

On one hand I see it as a awfuly played hand, on the other hand I see it has a good decision.

Dont look at it as a good decision because its really really bad.

Almost any hand that missed still has 25% equity against you and that's not even including PPs Tx FDs or hands with a diamond.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, it would be better to float if the guy had a cbet of like 80-90 percent and you were IP. I just fold to the c-bet, i mean we're ahead a lot of the time but we're never gonna know where we stand when any over card comes and its multiway and is just a marginal spot that you dont need to even get involved in, you missed your set so give up.

Dont float with 55 for the same reasons you dont call.

Even with 80% cbet their cbet range becomes stronger in HU pots which mean the types pof hand they cbet will more than likely barrel most turns.. AQ is either going to hit an ace or a queen or be 2 overcards on most turns... He probably puts you on a FD as people like to put you on things they beat so if AQ is good to cbet with its good to bet the turn with.

Last edited:
Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One detail is that might be relevant is that I checked villain's cbet% that was around 70%. That was why I called the flop.

That means he isnt cbetting 100%

So you would expect his cbet range to be stronger in a MW pot than a HU pot.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont float with 55 for the same reasons you dont call.

Even with 80% cbet their cbet range becomes stronger in HU pots which mean the types pof hand they cbet will more than likely barrel most turns.. AQ is either going to hit an ace or a queen or be 2 overcards on most turns... He probably puts you on a FD as people like to put you on things they beat so if AQ is good to cbet with its good to bet the turn with.

I agree, its just a spot where you dont know where you stand and where most cards arent going to scare the villain but scare us.

Would everyone fold this preflop and why? Im usually calling here is that bad?

J

johnnytt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold flop being oop here. He is going to end up taking a free card alot on turn. The fact that he is c betting into 2 people says he might have somthing he likes as well.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO a call isn't bad because we'd put MP on overcalling since he limped, and CO seems to like his hand with that bet size, therefore odds enough to hit our set.... I guess.

I'm folding the flop.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, its just a spot where you dont know where you stand and where most cards arent going to scare the villain but scare us.

HU preflop .. fold

MW..call

Its not as good as being IP with this hand

R

RVladimiro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stu calling MW is for implied odds only or is there another reason?

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stu calling MW is for implied odds only or is there another reason?

Slightly different SPR.

Bet sizes will be automatically bigger on the turn than in a HU pot.

There are now 2 players who might make a hand instead of just one (if we hit).