Chips
Hero: 193 BB
Villain: 119 BB

Hero in Cutoff with KcKs.

-Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Kc Ks
fold, fold, Hero raises to 3.5 BB, BTN calls 3.5 BB, fold, fold

-Flop : (8.5 BB, 2 players) 4c 7c 5s
Hero checks, BTN bets 6 BB, Hero calls 6 BB
Hero check/called because board is wet and extremely dangerous, allowing villain to raise.

-Turn : (20.5 BB, 2 players) Th
Hero checks, BTN bets 15 BB, Hero calls 15 BB
Turn card create more draw posibilities other than that. Hero stuck with the same idea as on flop to avoid getting raised.

-River : (50.5 BB, 2 players) 9h
Hero checks, BTN bets 36 BB, Hero calls 36 BB
The 9 on the river doesnt complete any draws beside the 86 that flopped it. Hero check/call again in order to keep villains range wide.

I think i did alright on the flop and turn but then called too wide on the river.
Or maybe I completely misplayed this hand and should have check/raised so that I wouldn't find myself in such a difficult river spot.
What do you guys think?

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like check calling at all.

Flop
This is not a dry board but also not a board that is extremely dangerous as most people don't call preflop with such low cards. Either way I would lead the flop as I want to build a pot quickly. You check villain bets now I would raise.
Turn
Given the chosen line on the flop would check-call here to keep villain betting wide.
River
Given the chosen line on the flop-turn would check-call here to keep villain betting wide but this is a difficult spot as most people don't triple bluff barrel. Would not like it but would prob call it off here.

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 to Hujiko.
I think Cbeting here big on the flop is the best option. You can't give him a good price to call with this draws, not even give him his own price to drawing. Also, this board isn't too dangerous to think that you'll get raise on the flop more frequently. If you get raised on the flop, you can continue with the hand profitably if you think he raised you with Flushes and Straight Draws.

T

tfonly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the off suit 9 is about as good of a "safe card" as it gets. If you were ever thinking about check raising it should be on the turn.

I personally like the check-call 3 streets line though. The board doesnt improve on turn and river so if he had a hand it would have been a made hand on the flop or some funky 2pair he hit on turn or river. Either way, there are way more draws that missed that would priobably take this same exact line. (at least for flop and turn.)

T

tiltmonster12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this was a tough board to play. there was 3 options on the flop; lead, check/call, and check/raise. I didn't like leading or check/calling at all but at the time i wasn't thinking enough so check/raising never crossed my mind. Check/raising was the best choice after thinking about it, or maybe its because of the result...

result:
the guy probe bet to try to get me off of overcards (maybe), but then binked a set on the turn and started value betting. gg