River: ($1.51) K (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $0.49, UTG (Hero) folds

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get that we have a hand that flops well and can make big hands but these spots are the reason why I normally fold pre here (I almost know I fold too much to 3 bets pre but that is just one of my leaks). The problem that I see here is depending on villain and if we know their 3 bet %, much of the time we will be going against a better hand here and be out of position. Unless we flop a flush draw or 2 pair and better we will never really know where we are in the hand (our flush draws at times will be outdrawn as well). With hands like these you can easily flop a top pair hand and wind up paying off QQ+.

As played I would call the flop as you did but the turn would already have me thinking that I am beat so you need to have a plan for the river if you are going to call the turn. That plan could be leading out depending on if the card is a low card or high card, leading out large when a third club comes etc. I am not saying those are my plans but I think we would need to have something planned here if we are calling this turn. As played on the river I think it is an easy fold since villain could have easily checked back and given up if they had nothing and probably would have bet larger if they were bluffing. They had a chance to close the action and didnt which more times than not means they have strength. The bet sizing did go down from half pot to 1/3rd pot which is a little interesting but I still think this is a fold. The bet sizing decreasing really leans me towards the villain really nailed that king and has a set of kings.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop:
JTs is pretty loose open UTG imo. Right on the border of playable. I would fold here but you can make a case for either play. Because he 3-bets you UTG+1 his range is supposed to be very strong. My guess for the average NL2 player we're looking at TT+, AQs+, AKo so we're not in a great spot. If feel that calling this one is a small mistake with the odds you're getting.

flop:
Always calling with top pair and a backdoor flush draw.

Turn:
It would be fine if you could get to showdown cheaply, but as it stands you can't. You're most likely up against a large pocket pair. Very low chance of improving as you basically need a J or a T.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your opponent isn't very aggressive, you can make an argument for folding the turn. As played, river is pretty neutral in terms of call/fold. If I was early in a session and didn't have much data on my opponent I might call since it's neutral in terms of EV but the info gained could pay off later in the session.

vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Question: Call river? Answer: yes.
1. It too late for check raise.
2. This is micro limit.
3. You need win in 25% of hand, more likely this is something about it. Just check.
4. Bet sizing 30%.

P.S. Generally this is too loose.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fine to open, but you can fold to the 3 bet at 2NL. As mentioned above, you avoid awkward spots post flop doing this and you don't need to proceed here to profit at 2NL.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree in large part with guys. Call with jts against 3bet pre flop is more advanced strategy. If you aren't experienced player, I don't recommend play this hand against 3bet. As played - I think that with top pair and even good kicker we can call the flop and call the turn, because board seems safe for top pair with jts. Decision on the river - I think that we should fold on the river, because it seems that opponent has better hand that your second pair on the river. I think that if opponent would have hand like pocket JJ or pocket QQ I think that he could frighten the river card and he could play check behind on the river, but it seems that he play bet on the river for value. So I think we should fold on the river. GL :)