$2 NLHE 6-max: Begginer unsure how to play simplish hand

W

Walker_Bros_360

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, this is quite a boring hand, but it happens a fair amount, so I would like to get any advice on how to play it, thank you.
pokerstars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat

ricardo_riro (UTG): $2.28 (114 bb)
Gugaenzoizo (MP): $2.00 (100 bb)
D@nny45 (CO): $2.99 (150 bb)
Walker_Bros_360 (BU): $2.49 (125 bb)
Xlavariable (SB): $2.00 (100 bb)
Fredd_P21 (BB): $1.97 (99 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (Walker_Bros_360) is BTN with K 7
3 players fold, Walker_Bros_360 (BU) raises to $0.05, 1 fold, Fredd_P21 (BB) calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.11) T 3 3 (2 players)
Fredd_P21 (BB) checks, Walker_Bros_360 (BU) bets $0.06, Fredd_P21 (BB) calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.23) 6 (2 players)
Fredd_P21 (BB) checks, Walker_Bros_360 (BU) bets $0.11, Fredd_P21 (BB) calls $0.11

River: ($0.45) 6 (2 players)
Fredd_P21 (BB) checks, Walker_Bros_360 (BU) checks

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In zoom you must be more demanding with your aperture range. You don't need to play all the combos suits as the rake is criminal there. K7s could clearly be the marginal part of your range in a zoom game, mainly in micro stakes.
The flop is a bit neutral so you can bet, but ideally you don't want to isolate yourself with valuable hands that catch you, so a smaller size might work better on these textures.
The turn is a brick, but here you could bet a bigger size, if your cbet was smaller on the flop.
When you bet big on the flop and turn, you allow villain to make easier decisions. For example, if you cbet is half pot on the flop, chances are there will be a lot of Axs in range V on the turn. So if you continue with another half pot barrel, villain probably connected with the board or has a better draw than you. But considering that this is zoom, there is more probability of values ​​in the V range.
On the river I agree to a check behind. Just look for better zoom spots and choose a tighter aperture range.
Greetings.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like Im nitpicking but I would raise 3x pre flop instead of 2.5x in low stakes cash. Its only a penny here but playing deep that over time will lead to larger bets post flop which should be more profit if you are playing well.

On the flop I like betting to see if we can take it and sizing is about where I would go. After we get called villain most likely has float (Ax majority), 10x, clubs themselves, or some small pair. 3x is there at times vs villains that chose not raise the flop with it.

On the turn I like checking behind to take the free card with the intention of seeing what villain does on the river and what card comes. There is merit in betting since some flop floats will could fold but I think it is better to check here and plan for a river bluff if a card above a 10 comes and value betting if a club comes (yes board is paired but not putting villain on 3x or a set based on how this hand has played.

On the river as played I like the check behind. 6 is a very bad bluff card and its not impossible that when it is checked to us that K high is actually good here. A card over a 10 on the river that isnt an ace I would bet at it to see if we can get 10x to fold but with this river card its a check behind.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think double barrelling with your flush draw and 1 overcard is fine.

With the board double pairing on the river, I think checking back is also OK. You do have some showdown value with your K, and after calling 2 streets, the opponent is unlikely to be folding to a river barrel.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet more in position

Hi all, this is quite a boring hand, but it happens a fair amount, so I would like to get any advice on how to play it, thank you.
PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat

ricardo_riro (UTG): $2.28 (114 bb)
Gugaenzoizo (MP): $2.00 (100 bb)
D@nny45 (CO): $2.99 (150 bb)
Walker_Bros_360 (BU): $2.49 (125 bb)
Xlavariable (SB): $2.00 (100 bb)
Fredd_P21 (BB): $1.97 (99 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (Walker_Bros_360) is BTN with K 7
3 players fold, Walker_Bros_360 (BU) raises to $0.05, 1 fold, Fredd_P21 (BB) calls $0.03
K7s is Ok, but not great. In zoom 6-max one should play a looser game as Hero's opponents don't have a history on him. The raise is light, IMHO. There is 3 cents in the pot and your call makes it five. Hero's objective should be to fold out the blinds or get maximum money in the pot when Hero is in position.

[B said:
Flop:[/B] ($0.11) T 3 3 (2 players)
Fredd_P21 (BB) checks, Walker_Bros_360 (BU) bets $0.06, Fredd_P21 (BB) calls $0.06

Hero semi connects with a flush draw. C-betting is all but required here. Betting 1/2 pot in a penny, 6 handed, Zoom game, is too small. 8 or 9 cents looks right to me.

[B said:
Turn:[/B] ($0.23) 6 (2 players)
Fredd_P21 (BB) checks, Walker_Bros_360 (BU) bets $0.11, Fredd_P21 (BB) calls $0.11

The 6 is a blank and is unlikely to have helped Villain, Unfortunately it is unlikely to have helped Hero either. Three street bluffs are rarely successful, but I would bet again. If the flush comes in, it might not be good, but Villain has to be worried about it and will not call on the river unless she can beat a medium flush.

[B said:
River:[/B] ($0.45) 6 (2 players)
Fredd_P21 (BB) checks, Walker_Bros_360 (BU) checks

I like the check down here, even with King high. In a higher stakes game with more in the pot I might bluff, but the pot is too small to push Villain out, IMHO. Bet to check back.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems mostly fine to me. If you are going to play K7ss then betting flush draw on flop and turn is fine. King has showdown value and no need to turn it into a full on river bluff.

Though, I'm not sure K7ss is a good hand to play in Zoom, even versus blinds.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The essence of this game format is literally "zoom" in the table where we receive a good hand and to fold the weaks, or the hands that are not strong enough for postflop play. And as they have said before, the postflop game in zoom is looser and generally more aggressive, compared with the regular tables.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Don't listen to others, K7s open is good even from CO. Look at any 6max cash chart and it will tell you it's a good open. You played this hand fine. However, I don't know if you understand what are you on the flop. If you want to simplify your strategy on these types of paired boards you could bet your whole range with a very small sizing. You want to bet small because villain can check-raise a lot with trips, so when you bet 20%-25% and then fold to check raise, you don't lose much. These strategy works really well, because at low stakes people don't check-raise enough and you get ton of folds. However, you can use different sizings, like one large sizing or even two sizings. If you use big sizing then you need a checking range and your strategy will get more complex. Either way, you can bet flop and turn with your hand, it's a good play.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played from my perspective. On the turn maybe it's a check sometimes but generally I like his bets and sizes. The flush didn't come, check it back and move on, no need to go crazy on such a board. It's a very usual hand, not much to say here.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can review any chart and you will see that there is a looser range, which includes all Kxs combos from CO as an opening. What happens with zoom is that there is a fast fold button. So in micro stakes, beginning players are more likely to fold their medium-weak hand. So you won't be profitable often enough, when you're not the last player to speak. Because basically you will receive calls from better hands. I look like a broken record, but I want to convey the idea that opening this type of hands in zoom constitutes a deviation for this game format.
I mean, obviously you could. But it would be mainly with the intention of exploiting some weakness in your rivals. And I honestly recommend those thefts from the BTN position. Because most likely you from CO do not have enough information about BTN and the blind positions.
Finally I want to say that if your intention is to stay playing zoom on the micros , you should prioritize your opening range preflop and make it more flexible in postflop play.
Here without information, I recommend you steal from CO with all pockets and with combinations as: K9s; QTs; JQs and betters.
If you want to play zoom in other stakes my advice might change. But the OP seems to be asking for an opinion on zoom micro stakes.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can review any chart and you will see that there is a looser range, which includes all Kxs combos from CO as an opening. What happens with zoom is that there is a fast fold button. So in micro stakes, beginning players are more likely to fold their medium-weak hand. So you won't be profitable often enough, when you're not the last player to speak. Because basically you will receive calls from better hands. I look like a broken record, but I want to convey the idea that opening this type of hands in zoom constitutes a deviation for this game format.
I mean, obviously you could. But it would be mainly with the intention of exploiting some weakness in your rivals. And I honestly recommend those thefts from the BTN position. Because most likely you from CO do not have enough information about BTN and the blind positions.
Finally I want to say that if your intention is to stay playing zoom on the micros , you should prioritize your opening range preflop and make it more flexible in postflop play.
Here without information, I recommend you steal from CO with all pockets and with combinations as: K9s; QTs; JQs and betters.
If you want to play zoom in other stakes my advice might change. But the OP seems to be asking for an opinion on zoom micro stakes.

If hero opens from BTN, then he could open with a hand like K7o (because he blocks K7s). But I assumed from my original post that the hero was opening from CO.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands