$2 NLHE 6-max: Bad luck?

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I decided to try microstakes today and found a table with a few fish or maybe I am the fish. I soon discovered anything above 5bb is a pretty immediate fold so all of my bets have been lower than what I am used to on monsters. I got AA 3x times, KK four times, and QQ three times. Each time they were folded to (never saw a flop) or cracked with crap except AA.

Starting with the first AA. I am utg and raised 5bb and villian flatted everyone folds. Junk flop and I checked (last 5 times I bet villian folded so I was hoping villian would bet). Villian bet 6bb so i 3bet and villian insta folds. Should I have just called?
Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG (Hero): $1.22 (61 bb)
MP: $0.94 (47 bb)
CO: $0.45 (23 bb)
BU: $1.88 (94 bb)
SB: $0.64 (32 bb)
BB: $0.90 (45 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with A A
Hero raises to $0.10, 2 players fold, BTN calls $0.10, 2 players fold

Flop: ($0.23) 2 9 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.24, BU folds

Total pot: $0.47 (Rake: $0.02)
UTG (Hero) wins $0.45

This is my second pair of AA and this is kind of what has been happening when I want people to put money in the pot. In CO and raise 4bb and everyone folds.

UTG: $0.84 (42 bb)
MP: $1.37 (69 bb)
CO (Hero): $1.09 (55 bb)
BU: $1.80 (90 bb)
SB: $0.20 (10 bb)
BB: $1.47 (74 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with A A
2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.08, 3 players fold

Total pot: $0.05 (Rake: $0)
CO (Hero) wins $0.05

Then my last AA I finally get action except villian gets a set. I just lost a large pot with my KK being cracked and before I could refill my stack I got the AA.

UTG: $0.81 (41 bb)
MP: $1.37 (69 bb)
CO (Hero): $0.41 (21 bb)
BU: $2.50 (125 bb)
SB: $0.34 (17 bb)
BB: $1.56 (78 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with A A
2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.18) 7 4 6 (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets $0.13, Hero calls $0.13, SB calls $0.13

Turn: ($0.57) 9 (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets $0.41, Hero calls $0.22 (all-in), SB folds

River: ($1.01) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $1.01 (Rake: $0.05)

Showdown:
BB mucks 4 4 (three of a kind, Fours)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 19%, Flop: 90%, Turn: 95%, River: 100%)

CO (Hero) mucks A A (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 81%, Flop: 10%, Turn: 5%, River: 0%)

BB wins $0.96

The times I got KK and QQ it is played similar. Seems my monsters are not winning like they used to.

Am I doing something wrong?

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. you played well, maybe make a bigger size preflop
2. same as 1.
3. it's had to fold on that board with aces but that's your reason why you want to bet large preflop

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played well on all of them. But always be careful for sets.

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heya UberRogue,

Firstly, I haven't had cards like that in the total of last year. You bastard!

Are you thinking you didn't earn enough from those hands? (they all folded to you or cracked) Or are you asking per hand strats?

Sweet
Mr Skinny

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok,

I just watched the last hand. You didn't push hard enough preflop. If you push too hard, you don't get any takers. Don't push hard enough and 44 gets a go. AA is fun, right! :)

With lower handed tables (ie. 10 -> 2) made hands become stronger preflop, AA is Rogue. (see what I did there!) So made hands are worth poking.

Peace

Last edited:
UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id have to pull up hm for an exact count but this was about a 380 hand session.

I was questioning myself. Hm said i had a table full of fish but it seemed the fish were piranahas when it came to my monsters....

Think I will try just playing poker and when I have monsters i just do what i normally do as far as bet sizes etc... i drastically modified my normal play trying to get these nitty fish to give me there money which didnt work so well with the monsters. Others hands i did well in :)

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hand 1 why mess about check raising a dry flop bet bet bet for value ? hand 3 why are we 21bb deep?.

Y

Yoda_Priest_X_Napo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you let this things affect you, take your attention, you are not even 5% ready to deal with what is coming next.If you feel this is bad luck and you feel bad about it, when the real s**t happens you gonna go crazy and lose your mind.So just relax, you did fine, the check raise its ok from time to time you can take this line.Do not be entitled to your hand,yes AA is the best hand and you will make most of your money from it, but sometimes you will have to fold it post-flop, or to run bad and continuously lose from it, if you are entitled to win a big pot every time you have AA, you gonna get really tilted very easily.Just treat it as any other poker hand where you have to make the best decisions possible.